S.O.L.

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

Roger H
E5

S.O.L.

Post by Roger H »

Well………….other than the Hawker Hunter , us old Cold Warriors are SOL for the coming years new releases.
Guess we’ll see what happens on the next go-round .

Roger H
E5

Re: S.O.L.

Post by Roger H »

Right now, I kinda feel like the kid who got told on Christmas Eve that all Santa was bringing him was tighty whiteys and socks !

shawno
E5

Post by shawno »

Complete opposite for me, I think it's one of the best lists I've ever seen. Plenty of stuff for Cold War 2.0!

Now I just need to win the lottery!

Splod
E5

Post by Splod »

Yeah, very disappointed there's nothing for my '67 or '73 AIW project.

There is a 'Leopard 1' listed, but it's unclear which model this would be. The current Leo 1 models are all relatively good, and I'd expect any of the modern upgrades to have a pack name which identified the specific model.
Little Metal Men: A story of a distracted wargamer

“A learning experience is one of those things that says, 'You know that thing you just did? Don't do that.”
- Douglas Adams

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

Guess I’ll have to wait another year more for 10mm War of Independence, lol. But, the ships certainly have my attention.

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

Not SOL for me seeing some Stuff I was looking for like the eurofighter typhoon and those Leopard tanks

militumman74

Post by militumman74 »

Nothing there I was looking forward to. Most of it I don't even recognize. Time to work on my massive painting backlog.
Militumman

Donald M. Scheef
E5

Post by Donald M. Scheef »

Two of the Micronaut releases are definitely Cold War ships. In fact, by my standards, Blue Ridge is almost an early cold-war ship.
Don S.
"When a fire starts to burn,
here's a lesson you must learn:
something-something and you'll see
you'll avoid catastrophe."
D'oh!

33YearsGHQ
E5

Post by 33YearsGHQ »

Donald M. Scheef wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:27 am
Two of the Micronaut releases are definitely Cold War ships. In fact, by my standards, Blue Ridge is almost an early cold-war ship.
Don S.
The Blue Ridge will be in current configuration
Brad Anderson (enjoying GHQ since 1976)

Splod
E5

Post by Splod »

Donald M. Scheef wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:27 am
Don S.
That as may be. But it doesn't do jack for us microarmour gamers/collectors :wink:
Little Metal Men: A story of a distracted wargamer

“A learning experience is one of those things that says, 'You know that thing you just did? Don't do that.”
- Douglas Adams

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

This is not a good year for me, model wise, on what is coming down the pike. I did not get even 1 item on my list this time around.

I am interested in the Sherman Firefly 1C. I hope this one will NOT have sandshields on it. I have no particular interest in the rest of the items on the list.

No infantry again this time around. Either GHQ does not have a good infantry sculptor or there is not enough interest. There certainly are plenty infantry and even artillery, AT, and open topped vehicle crews that could be done.

I have plenty to work on in the meantime so will be busy painting what I have.

Pete