New Items 2021-2022 Announcement

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

chrisswim
E5

New Items 2021-2022 Announcement

Post by chrisswim »

Announcement from GHQ, by email.

We are pleased to announce the
GHQ NEW RELEASE LIST for 2021–2022!

(We do not yet have a production schedule so these are listed in no particular order.)
N— AMPV
N — JLTV
N — M109A7
N — Ajax light tank
AC — Hawker Hunter
AC — Eurofighter Typhoon
N — Leopard 1
N — Leopard 2A7
SK — K808 APC
NK — VTT-323 AA
NK — VTT-107mm MLRS
IS — Eitan APC
T — M48H/CM-11 “Brave Tiger”
T — M60A3 TTS with 120mm gun upgrade
T — CM-32
AC — AIDC F-CK-1 Ching-Kuo
RC — ZTQ-15/Type 15– light tank
RC — FAWMV3
RC — PLZ-07
AC — Su-34
W — BREM-1 ARV
N — LAV 6.0
N — Leopard 2A4MAC — F-2A fighter
MJ — Komatsu LAV
US — M1 240mm howitzer, pulled by our Mack NO
US — M22 Locust
US — LVT-3
UK — Sherman IC Firefly
J — Type 3 Chi-Nu– Medium tank
AC — Dewoitine D.520
HRC — Type 001A Shandong
HJN — Atago class
HUS — Blue Ridge class
HUS — USNS Henry Kaiser– replenishment ship
IJN — Kagero class destroyers, late war appearance
UKN — Duke of York– late war appearance
SUN — Sovyetsky Soyuz Project 23– battleship
UKN — oil tanker-based Merchant Aircraft Carrier
GWB — “K” destroyer, ex- Acasta class
GWB — Engadine seaplane tender
GWG — Destroyer V25 through V48
GWB — “C” class Ceres group light cruiser

We would also like to announce that we are raising our prices on July 31, 2021.

This is never a popular announcement to make, but it is our first price increase since 2015. In the last 6 years costs of doing business have continued to go up—just the price of our metal has gone up 50% in just the last 6 months . The standard price of our Micro Armour packs will go from $11.95 per pack to $12.95, and other items will go up a similarly proportional amount.

All orders that come in before the price increase will absolutely be honored at the current prices, so you may want to plan your orders and get them in before July 31st .

We hope that you can understand the need for this increase after 6 years.

We sincerely thank you for your business!
Chris

MechCommander
E5

Re: New Items 2021-2022 Announcement

Post by MechCommander »

That price increase is a real bummer for us Canadians as the exchange rate makes it $15 CAD.

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

At first glance it is a really good list.
Chris

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

The price rise thing seems too be a common thing across the board right now in minis land, Footsore just went up a few £ also.

shawno
E5

Post by shawno »

MechCommander wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:35 am
That price increase is a real bummer for us Canadians as the exchange rate makes it $15 CAD.
Yes, but the business has to keep up with rising costs if it wants to sustain operations. Costs have to be passed onto the consumer. Real world military hardware suffers from the defence inflation, why would models of military hardware be any different?

And GHQ doesn't control exchange rates, unfortunately.

BenfromBrooklyn
E5

Post by BenfromBrooklyn »

This is a good list.
Some unexpected absences- I really thought the Serval would be here.
But on the other hand, quite a few that I put on the wishlist!
It looks like I will be buying some microarmor.

I can confirm the serious increases in materials prices over the last few months. The construction industry has been hit hard. I price out a lot of stuff and increases in some things have been outrageous. Metals are up everywhere. But be grateful miniatures are not made of plywood.

Splod
E5

Post by Splod »

Oof, I missed the price rise in the announcement. Completely understandable though! :?

Looks like not a single thing off my (quite lengthy) wishlist made it either :(
Little Metal Men: A story of a distracted wargamer

“A learning experience is one of those things that says, 'You know that thing you just did? Don't do that.”
- Douglas Adams

STS

Post by STS »

I can really understand the price increase, considering how much prices for raw materials are currently going through the roof (not just metal).

As far as the list is concerned, it's a bit underwhelming for me this year. Not that the list is bad, there are a lot of things on there people were wishing for, it just misses the areas I collect. Duke of York would have been a "must have" 4 years ago, now I already have all the King George Vs I need, while the last MAC ship was a bit too expensive for my taste, when compared with other ships in that price range. (a tiny 1-piece ship, with a single sprue of Swordfish for the price of a battleship).

I'll buy a set of Eurofighters, though, even if they don't really fit into my collection.

supertsar

Post by supertsar »

YES! I can finally blast my opponents to smithereens.
Anyone know where I can get tiny sandbags? I already have the sand.

Locust and Firefly Ic will be great additions as well. Can't wait!

pibber
E5

Post by pibber »

Hi all ! 8)
Thank you chrisswim to put the list online on the forum :wink:
(I've received the email too)

What I can say in comments (to my point of view of course :wink: ) is this year is not the year of the ground materials WWII period :cry: :
It's possible with an armored prime mover too (TD hull prime mover or M3 Lee hull).
ok, why not. :roll: but not really essential to complete our WWII armies. A russian WWII 152mm heavy artillery gun would have been more interesting to me. :roll:

US — M22 Locust
Use at the end of war in 1945 during operation "Varsity" (thus, why not :roll: , but without heavy glider Hamilcar to go with it, it's less interesting :( )

US — LVT-3
Nice ! : Very interesting for Okinawa 1945 :P and interesting too for Korean war 8)

UK — Sherman IC Firefly
Nice model (...although I already have all the Firefly I needed. :roll: )

J — Type 3 Chi-Nu– Medium tank
This model never saw combat, it will be kept on the japan national territory in anticipation of the landing and the invasion of the American forces. So, was it really worth spending energy creating this new model? I'm not sure of it. :roll:

AC — Dewoitine D.52
interesting for french campaign 1940.

I'm nevertheless happy to see that those of us who are doing modern armies or 1/2400 boats have quite a few interesting new models this year. :wink:
For my part, I will continue to supplement my armies with the existing WWII GHQ models because the novelties for this period aren't useful to me (except the LVT-3 (I will buy few blister) and maybe only one blister of Sherman Firefly and that's all).
I 'm a little disappointed to learn of a price increase, but that does not surprise me. The problem is that this happens at the same time that import taxes will increase in Europe for imported products coming from outside Europe, so I think it will become more and more complicated (more and more expensive) to buy GHQ products for me who lives in France. :cry:

To end on a more cheerful note, I nevertheless thank GHQ for continuing to offer us models of very good quality of finish each year and for listening to their customers as they are. I wish those who have models in the 2021-22 new items list, which they have been looking forward to, a lot of fun. :wink:
Pibber.
(Long life to GHQ !)

Quartette
E5

Post by Quartette »

Really pleased with this list. Loads of stuff on it I'm interested in, JLTV, Leopard 2 A7, LAV 6, CM32, Type 15, AMPV, brem 1, etc

Last year was a bit of a disappointment (can't please everyone right?) but plenty here. Still want a BVS10, but i guess I can wait another year...
Cave Ab Homine Unius Libri

nash88

Post by nash88 »

Not too happy with price increase but yea its been 6 yrs.
I in a middle of a tank upgarde for my imagi-nation so I better complete before new prices. Wish they had a M1A2with trophy system.
Guess I work with a 3D modeler to make some for me.
Realized the only GHQ tanks modeled this type of system is the Russian t-14. I thought the K2 had them but I didn't see them on the models.

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

Im still hoping for some modern Canadian Warships to come out. But this price increase will really bit, as GHQ models are very rare to find in Canadian Hobby and gaming shops, due to lack of distribution centres that carries them, lack of interest in historicals and 6mm gaming in general, and of course the uberpopular Magic the Gathering who takes over most of the gaming space, that leaves us with no terrain tables to play on.

EdMott

Post by EdMott »

Pretty heavy on the moderns
Still no gear, boxes, barrels, etc :( :(

nash88

Post by nash88 »

EdMott wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:01 am
Pretty heavy on the moderns
Still no gear, boxes, barrels, etc :( :(
GHQ should make in battle like what InService did with the model. It would open a new market with very little work.