Anyone else stocking up before the price increase?

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

nash88

Anyone else stocking up before the price increase?

Post by nash88 »

Just going order a bunch of stuff from my dealer. Anyone planning to do the same?

Splod
E5

Re: Anyone else stocking up before the price increase?

Post by Splod »

Trying to work out what I want! My order currently stands around $500 and I really can't narrow down what I actually need :mrgreen:
Little Metal Men: A story of a distracted wargamer

“A learning experience is one of those things that says, 'You know that thing you just did? Don't do that.”
- Douglas Adams

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

Not at all. I usually wait until the new deals update, the micronauts are almost always stuff I can use, sometimes the armor if it’s WWII. Then I tack on a few packs for my WWII projects and resupply my ACW stocks to get me to 50$ so I can use my micro bucks to basically negate shipping and, viola, my formula. How many of us paint over 50$ worth of GHQ a month anyway? I’m sure there are a few, but not many.

Splod
E5

Post by Splod »

It's more that because shipping out to the Colonies is so expensive I need to make sure I get more or less everything I need at once.

Last order I made I grabbed a whole heap of packs to use for a 1980's Iranian force, and then realised after receiving the order that I only grabbed a single pack of M60s when I needed at least 6 tanks for a battalion. It's left me with an understrength armoured battalion which while realistic, makes my poor little completionist head hurt :roll:
Little Metal Men: A story of a distracted wargamer

“A learning experience is one of those things that says, 'You know that thing you just did? Don't do that.”
- Douglas Adams

Donald M. Scheef
E5

Post by Donald M. Scheef »

Already done. GHQ usually runs a sale in late July/early August. I had been waiting for this to pick up all the Micronaut releases since January that I wanted. This amounted to about $250 worth of ships. The order was placed on July 02 and received about a week later.

Don S.
"When a fire starts to burn,
here's a lesson you must learn:
something-something and you'll see
you'll avoid catastrophe."
D'oh!

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

For me, I have plenty to keep me busy so don't really need to stock up. I did place an order for the 4 packs of the new R77 T-34 1940. That is probably more than I really need but I will be doing some Barbarossa games pretty soon.

Pete

BurtWolf
E5

Post by BurtWolf »

Just ordered 20 packs of mostly WW2 Africa and WW2 French. Thought it’d be a good time to get in an order to avoid price increase. Forgot to use my micro bucks meh…

Tanker Mike

Post by Tanker Mike »

I took advantage of a Micro Buck coupon and placed a small order. Like most of us I could not order anything for a year probably and still have lots to paint.

Mike

BenfromBrooklyn
E5

Post by BenfromBrooklyn »

I ordered some. Had to get new North Koreans, as well as the Jaguars, naturally.
I certainly hope GHQ recognizes and appreciates the customers here. They announce a price increase, and the general consensus response is "That's okay, we understand."
There are industries that would kill for customers like that.
Possibly literally.

Brigade Commander
E5

Post by Brigade Commander »

BenfromBrooklyn wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:33 pm
I ordered some. Had to get new North Koreans, as well as the Jaguars, naturally.
I certainly hope GHQ recognizes and appreciates the customers here. They announce a price increase, and the general consensus response is "That's okay, we understand."
There are industries that would kill for customers like that.
Possibly literally.
They do.

Hence the one month notice. And the opportunity to stock up.
"It is a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the road and, if you do not keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to."

Bilbo Baggins to Frodo Baggins.

Extra Crispy
E5

Post by Extra Crispy »

No. I plan to paint what I have first. Besides, for my current project I'm painting my way through the TO&E and just ordering a few packs here and there to fill in what I need. That means I'm buying 2 or 3 packs every couple months. So another dollar a pack is not a big deal, and creates no incentive to really stock up.
Mark Severin
Owner, Scale Creep Miniatures
Author DeepFriedHappyMice.com

BurtWolf
E5

Post by BurtWolf »

Just got a nice fat shipment- great turnaround of 4 days! Models were crisply minted, good emails comms- superb service! I will be ordering again this summer, price difference won’t be a huge deal to me as I think it’s warranted abs I want the company to do well…

Brigade Commander
E5

Post by Brigade Commander »

A nice fat shipment (tm) (BurtWolf) sent.
"It is a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the road and, if you do not keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to."

Bilbo Baggins to Frodo Baggins.

nashorn88
E5

Post by nashorn88 »

I placed a large order with my dealer. Wondering if I should order a few more….lol

whoa Mohamed
E5

Post by whoa Mohamed »

About 250.00 of modern naval ships. And another 33.00 for Flight deck decals.
every man for all mens rights
all men for every mans rights