Other scale ACW naval (Pete)

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

Beagle
E5

Other scale ACW naval (Pete)

Post by Beagle »

So you mentioned in my thread you have ACW ships in scales not available on GHQ. Do you game them or just collect? Cracker Line has some new ships, Western Theater. Flagship Models models makes really awesome multimedia kits of ACW ships.

pmskaar
E5

Re: Other scale ACW naval (Pete)

Post by pmskaar »

Hi Beagle!

I have some 1/1200 scale Civil War ships by Langton that I bought while at Historicon several years ago. I also have the Monitor and Virginia in 1/600 scale by Thorougbred. These 2 scales are fairly popular for Civil War naval games. I have not painted or gamed with them .... yet.

My other Civil War items are all GHQ 10mm Civil War land forces. I have a decent collection of unpainted minis right now. I may get around to doing a unit or two fairly soon and may add in some of the Cracker Line minis as well.

Beagle
E5

Re: Other scale ACW naval (Pete)

Post by Beagle »

ACW naval is something you don’t see too much, especially minis. I know Cracker Line has a few cotton clads and there a few other manufacturers. I think you can game in Black Sails, Oak and Iron and a few other game’s, but I don’t think there’s that many. WS&S has an article in the next issue about gaming Island Number 10, the pictures looked pretty cool.