2021-22 New Release Schedule

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

BurtWolf
E5

Re: 2021-22 New Release Schedule

Post by BurtWolf »

We should cut GHQ a break, give them the benefit of the doubt that they, like every other business, are facing labor shortages, supply chain issues, etc. nowadays the contractors can’t find enough people to do work, restaurants cut back their schedules because nobody wants to be a waiter or waitress, the government is desperate to hire employees and so on. I bet they’re facing the same challenges…

panzergator
E5

Post by panzergator »

I agree. BUT! That makes communication even more important, doesn't it. I learned in the Army that themore difficult things became, the more important it was to let my soldiers know what was going on. Same applies to business and customers. It lets everyone know you are paying attention and working the problem.

I'm not a LARGE fustomer, like Chris, but I spend a couple hundred a year, lately, significant to me, and I've been buying this stuff since 1978.
All blessings flow from a good mission statement.
Pogo was right. So was Ike.
"A Gentleman is a man who is only rude intentionally." (Churchill)
Give credit. Take responsibility.

BenfromBrooklyn
E5

Post by BenfromBrooklyn »

panzergator wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 6:40 pm
I agree. BUT! That makes communication even more important, doesn't it. I learned in the Army that themore difficult things became, the more important it was to let my soldiers know what was going on. Same applies to business and customers. It lets everyone know you are paying attention and working the problem.

I'm not a LARGE fustomer, like Chris, but I spend a couple hundred a year, lately, significant to me, and I've been buying this stuff since 1978.

I have to agree with this. In my line of work if something is behind by a week and no explanation, people will freak out. A short email is all it takes.

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

I agree that some kind of communication would be in order, but I don't feel like the GHQ folks have ever really been that involved with the forum.
Redleg's Website: micropope.webstarts.com

panzergator
E5

Post by panzergator »

GHQ lists itself as a moderator. It cannot be a moderator if it doesn't monitor the forum.

The forum is fading away, my Friends.

BurtWolf
E5

Post by BurtWolf »

I think redleg hit the nail on the head. At the end of the day, like you said panzergator communication is critical, but on an issue such as this -meaning the new releases- I’m zen about it. When they’re ready for release, they will be released and hopefully it will be another awesome set of models.

panzergator
E5

Post by panzergator »

I'm getting pretty zen about it, too. I just got three commissioned stl files - XM723, XM800(T), and the GM XM1. Additionally, I can print what I need. Cheaper, and good enough.

pibber
E5

Post by pibber »

Hello friends, 8)
I agree with most of the arguments of your last exchanges on the subject of the delay in putting new products online. I remain indulgent with GHQ because I suspect that this post-covid period brings up a lot of economic problems and the problems of scarcity of raw materials are added to that. If we take into account that GHQ is a very small company, if just one person in the company is very ill or has serious family problems and don't able to go to work, this could very quickly have a negative effect on the work rhythm of the company. GHQ have got us used to being enough serious in the release of new products, so as soon as there is a significant delay, loyal customers are a little worried, it's only human. I just hope everyone at GHQ is healthy. :roll:

Concerning the forum, I must admit that the fact that Photobucket becomes paid for has completely discouraged me from continuing to post photos for the benefit of members. Of course, there are other image hosting sites, but I'm a little lazy to be interested again in creating an account and putting all the old photos back on it... The GHQ forum was a mine of inspiration for me, each of us could easily, by theme, admire the work of each by looking at all the photos of the members. I loved the forum at that time. Since the photobucket payment, I think it has killed the forum because there are a lot less photos posted, and especially, a lot of old photos from old posts that have disappeared. It's really a pity. I think a lot of members have retreated to social media to share their action figure photo. And now, it's going to be hard to come back to the GHQ forum to post photos again and recreate a privileged place of exchange based on the photos of our models. :roll:

That being said, I await the novelties, like you, while waiting. :wink:
Pibber.
(Long life to GHQ !)

Hoth_902
E5

Post by Hoth_902 »

I am not going to suggest you repost things, but pibber, I would love to see some more of your work. I have gained tons of inspiration from you and others and miss the volume of things to draw on.
Quantity has a Quality all its own.

http://warriorbear.weebly.com/

Hayden

Post by Hayden »

Novelties nothing, the hunger I have for that Hawker Hunter is real!
Sincerely,
Mr. Hayden

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Does anyone here know when the other "April" releases will get pictures up here? I am awaiting the Sherman Firefly 1C but want to see a picture of the model before I place my order. There were 2 or 3 other releases scheduled for April as well.

panzergator
E5

Post by panzergator »

I, too, am anxious for a new one, but I'm looking for Ajax. There isn't any info on when pics will be up that I know of. It seems we will just have to wait.

Begemot
E5

Post by Begemot »

Samuel Beckett's new play:

Begemot
The summer grasses.
For many brave warriors
The aftermath of dreams.
--- Basho

Please visit my website "Lair of the Begemot": (https://lairbegemot.blogspot.com)

recon110

Post by recon110 »

Dude hold my beer. What did people do before a catalog even listed new releases. We got spoiled. Google photo is okay but you have to select the link. Chris Micro Manager. RC Harley and have Facebook 1/285 groups. I turned my group over to Pete Skaar when I turned in my 1/285 card for Napoleonics. Im back.
David Farrell

Gazza
E5

Post by Gazza »

pmskaar wrote:
Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:49 pm
I am awaiting the Sherman Firefly 1C but want to see a picture of the model before I place my order.
It always seems like the photo(s) for the model(s) I'm interested in are always the last to appear. :D