1/285 Scale Animals

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

redleg
E5

1/285 Scale Animals

Post by redleg »

I have decided that I need some dog handlers with their mutts, but I can't find any dogs in 1/285 scale. I could have sworn I saw a farm animal pack or something like that, but I can't find it now. Could very well have been my imagination or just wishful thinking. All I see on this site are horses.

Anybody know if there is a GHQ animal pack that has dogs in it?
Redleg's Website: micropope.webstarts.com

madman
E5

Re: 1/285 Scale Animals

Post by madman »

Heroics have 6mm WWII Russian mine dog, whatever that may be;

http://www.heroicsandros.co.uk/index.ph ... vaoot8p01p

Perfect six has farm dogs and wolves;

https://www.perfectsixscenics.co.uk/ani ... eople.html

I have some armoured sci fi dogs from somewhere as well. But can't remember from where. Hope this helps.

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

Thanks, Madman! I'll check those out! The sci-fi one isn't he Starship Troopers neo dog is it? They mentioned them in the book but I've never seen anyone's interpretation of them. I may need to check those out too...on the bounce!

Gazza
E5

Post by Gazza »

Rather bad photo, but this is the H&R Russian mine dog strip.

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

Ah yes, the anti-tank dogs. Poor puppies.

madman
E5

Post by madman »

That is what I thought it might be. I didn't know they used mine cattle though! The one on the left is how(?) big.

The sci fi ones were from some outfit which did quasi 40K crap (not my taste in sci fi). They have an extensive infantry collection, not all armed with power chain saws. I think it may have been from some police units. I know they had vehicles looked like reasonable developments of MRAPs so I picked up a couple as well as the police and dogs.

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

Thanks for the the intel and the pic guys! I think I might try both sources, and I'll check out Shapeways too.

The thought of neo dogs and power armor has suddenly piqued my interest, but I just bought the Robotech wargame so I have to control myself. At least for a while.

madman
E5

Post by madman »

Found the sci fi dogs. Onslaught miniatures and just bare dogs, no armour or weapons.

https://www.onslaughtmini.com/mercenari ... ounds.html

I would like to get figures which could be used for modern combat assist dogs. I have been playing skirmish in 15mm and would love to match these figures I bought recently;

https://www.jjgprint3d.com/page-d-artic ... vec-casque

I am trying to match my 15mm and micro armour figures so as to be able to run two different scales of games depending. So I might post or start a new thread asking if anyone knows micro armour figures which could match these 15mm figures.

Gazza
E5

Post by Gazza »

madman wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:57 pm
I have been playing skirmish in 15mm and would love to match these figures I bought recently
Pendraken (in the UK) do a range of 15mm animals including dogs (although they're not exactly miltary assist dogs). Here's an image from their site: Image

For the record they do 10, 15, 20, 25, and 28mm animals. No 6mm unfortunately.

madman
E5

Post by madman »

Thank you for the Pendraken site but I already have the jjgprint3D dog and handler for 15mm. Figures for micro armour is what I am looking for as well.

Cav Dog
E5

Post by Cav Dog »

I've been wanting animals for a long time and finally found some at Irregular Miniatures:

4 cows

A flock of sheep

Herd of cattle from the Zulu line

This is a little vignette I put together of a German Command team with a furry companion watching. This dog was from an N scale animal pack. Most of the critters were too large to use but this little guy fits right in.
Tactics are the opinion of the senior officer present.