Trailers

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

panzergator
E5

Trailers

Post by panzergator »

Brigade Commander,

Specifically for the tank and pump unit mounted on the trailer, the Legions4hire CinC M104 trailer in the WWII should do. I mention this because GHQ doesn't make one, so there is no conflict of interest.
All blessings flow from a good mission statement.
Pogo was right. So was Ike.
"A Gentleman is a man who is only rude intentionally." (Churchill)
Give credit. Take responsibility.

Brigade Commander
E5

Re: Trailers

Post by Brigade Commander »

I will look at it again but considering the complete unit barely fits on Masters of Military M-923 and I have pretty much decided I should go with the LWB M-927 instead I did not see it as being a viable option.

I might just email Bryan and ask him the length of the model. Then I will just need to remember to translate to inches. :)
"It is a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the road and, if you do not keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to."

Bilbo Baggins to Frodo Baggins.

panzergator
E5

Post by panzergator »

I have found CinC products can be slightly smaller or larger than GHQ, so maybe it is too short. Haven't tried it yet. Hope it works.

Brigade Commander
E5

Post by Brigade Commander »

If together they are long enough I may try cutting the rear bulkhead from one trailer and the hitch and front bulkhead from another and lay a thin (.010?) piece of styrene on the floor across both and make a two-axle trailer. I am not sure they will be long enough at that but it is not like I cannot put more cargo trailers to good use!
"It is a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the road and, if you do not keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to."

Bilbo Baggins to Frodo Baggins.

panzergator
E5

Post by panzergator »

You are looking for a greater variety of trailers than I, of course. I'm just interested in the single-axle type pulled by 5-ton M800 seies at battalion level.