Any Soccer (football) fans?

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

Beagle
E5

Any Soccer (football) fans?

Post by Beagle »

Title says it all. I’m insane for it. I love my club Aston Villa and we kick off our new campaign tomorrow against Watford. If there are any Arsenal fans here, I hope you are drowning your sorrows tonight, but I’m super happy for the Bees, they and their fans deserved it after 74 years, and to see the after game celebration, and to hear the story about the supporter in the stands that was actually there the last time Brentford was in Top Flight, and lost to Arsenal….that’s what football is all about.

E5

Re: Any Soccer (football) fans?

Post by 7.62 »

Well, well, well that is Beagle crossed off the Christmas card list lol.....

My little Imagi-nation Karmanaskis has in fact a Football team. I went out of my way to buy the GHQ civilians mainly for that purpose. The one running look just right. Not painted yet or the stadium started but I will move them to the front of the paint list now.
The strip will be a natural superior blue and white.

For your consideration.
https://www.redbubble.com/i/sticker/Flu ... 9165.EJUG5

Zulu Warrior :mrgreen:

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

Ughhhh, do we have to ** CENSORED ** on the City, lol.

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

Really it censored s h I t e. Let’s keep this thread rolling till May.

E5

Post by 7.62 »

A long time ago in a different life. :lol:

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

It’s all good, we’ve both done time in the Championship. Just one of us is still there and barely avoided being relegated to League One :lol: It was a good thing for you Wednesday was penalized points wise last year or you could have been closer to relegation. It was a nail bitter.

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

Anyone can jump in here. MSL, Seire A, Bundesliga, La Liga, Liga Mx, wherever you are, let’s talk fut.

E5

Post by 7.62 »

Just some background information for our international readers. In 1874 there was an accident in a cow shed just North of Birmingham, England. A one legged goat breeder, his two half sisters, a Dutch ventriloquist named Burt and the rejected members of the Pinky Blinders industrial steam engine spotters club came together in a messy Ménage à trois time share agreement.
Over time this became known as the Aston Villa Football Club.

The following year in 1875 the combined wisdom and morality of the civilized World rallied to save mankind and formed Birmingham City Football Club. The battle of good over evil has continues to this day.

It is hard to convey the deep seated competitive rivalry that still dominates this part of central England.
The minor differences of East and West, religious divides, ideologies or political views are an easy fix in comparison.

Anyway Beagle should not be trusted and is highly likely working for the Russians, or the Dutch.

STS

Post by STS »

Beagle wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:20 am
Anyone can jump in here. MSL, Seire A, Bundesliga, La Liga, Liga Mx, wherever you are, let’s talk fut.
The Bundesliga is going to be quite interesting this year. Pretty much the whole top-8 teams of the last season, except for Berlin, has switched managers. What's so uncommon about it: Every club in that list was happy with the performance of their managers (up until they made thier move public), and wanted to keep them.

1. Bayern (Flick -> German National Team)
2. RB Leipzig (Nagelsmann -> Bayern)
3. Wolfsburg (Glasner -> Frankfurt)
4. Dortmund (Tersic -> relegated to BVB coaching staff)
5. Frankfurt (Hütter -> M'Gladbach)
6. Leverkusen (Wolf -> U19 National Team)
7. U.Berlin
8. M'Gladbach (Rose -> Dortmund)

Overall I can't wait for the league to get started again and get back in the stands. You really learn to appreciate a visit to the stadium, when you can't do it anymore.
Last edited by STS on Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

panzergator
E5

Post by panzergator »

And to think once enjoyed this forum because I didn't have to put ut with sports mania. Get a (different) room, Guys.
All blessings flow from a good mission statement.
Pogo was right. So was Ike.
"A Gentleman is a man who is only rude intentionally." (Churchill)
Give credit. Take responsibility.

panzergator
E5

Post by panzergator »

Oh, hold this grnade for me. I've lost the pin...
All blessings flow from a good mission statement.
Pogo was right. So was Ike.
"A Gentleman is a man who is only rude intentionally." (Churchill)
Give credit. Take responsibility.

madman
E5

Post by madman »

Here I thought for a split second this was about the football war / 100 hours war. That would be interesting.

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

7.62 wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:36 pm

Anyway Beagle should not be trusted and is highly likely working for the Russians, or the Dutch.
If I was working for the Dutch, I would have on wooden shoes, which would make me VERY easy to hear coming. Incidentally, Tyrone must have been wearing wooden shoes when he “attempted” to block the shot he deflected over his own keeper. But I can still live in solace knowing that city was close to the bottom of the table a league lower last year. It was a good first day so far, lots of good goals, and all the top teams look like well, top teams. Man U looked in top form.

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

Looks as though City lost to the Cherries today. schucks, :lol:

E5

Post by 7.62 »

Them dam Cherries have built up a bit of an impressive record at St Andrews.