Any Soccer (football) fans?

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

Beagle
E5

Re: Any Soccer (football) fans?

Post by Beagle »

I have the Cherries on my pre-season promotion prediction list this year, along with Barnsley and I think Fulham will go back up. There are some good games this week. And I believe the group stage draw for the Champions League is later this week, isn’t it?

PolishGI
E5

Post by PolishGI »

Big Everton fan and more so when Howard was the keeper.

Glad there will be more matches shown in the US this year.

Cant wait.
Image Charlie don't surf!
"Don't do things by half."
GHQ BUILD THREAD

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

They looked good against Southampton, maybe it was a good thing Carlo went out for a pint of milk and never came back, lol. I’m hearing rumors Ronaldo is interested in coming to the PL, only a few teams could afford him. City maybe if the Kane deal falls through, which it they keep loosing Kane’s price will probably keep going up, but then again, City has Norwich next so…..

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

I’m looking for the college football season.
Watch the Crimson Tide, Auburn Tigers, and my favorite Florida Fightin’ Gators.
Hopefully, the recruits and transfer portal has provided great athletes.
Chris

PolishGI
E5

Post by PolishGI »

Beagle wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:44 am
They looked good against Southampton, maybe it was a good thing Carlo went out for a pint of milk and never came back, lol. I’m hearing rumors Ronaldo is interested in coming to the PL, only a few teams could afford him. City maybe if the Kane deal falls through, which it they keep loosing Kane’s price will probably keep going up, but then again, City has Norwich next so…..
I thought United was nosing around as well for Ronaldo. Kane sweepstakes, where will he land!

College football will be fun as well. Go Devils! (Not expecting much; hehe)
Image Charlie don't surf!
"Don't do things by half."
GHQ BUILD THREAD

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

With a little over a week left in the transfer window, and City seemed to have straightened things out, albeit against Norwich, I honestly think Kane is going to stay put, unless the price drops, which I don’t see Spurs doing. That being said, I think the only Kane drama left is what will his role be at Spurs? They see, to hove found their stride without him, and there are rumors of them trying to get Adama Traore before the end of the window. Glad my wife is a Spurs supporter and not me, lol.

How about the mess that is Arsenal football?? I think if Arteta does figure it out by the first international break, he hound start dusting off his resume. It’s a strange world when the Gulls are playing more like a big six team than one of the big six, with much less experienced players. That leads me to think Graham Potter is one of the most under rated gaffers in the league.

So I don’t want to rant about my team, but I can still hear Danny Ings shot thwacking the netting, that was amazing.

I love our sports, Baseball (Tigers), Football (Lions and Michigan State), NHL, (obvious), I like basketball but only NCAA, never been a fan of the NBA except kind of passively and massively motorsport (open wheel). But there are two things that draw me to Euro football way over our sport. For one, the team loyalty is incredible, it’s like a family they get born into and that’s it for life. It’s totally different in our sports, where it’s not uncommon for teams to up and change cities, or change conferences, and I the age of fantasy sport, loyalties tend to hang more on players than on individual teams. I grew up in southeast Michigan in the early 80s, and being Green and White or Maize and Blue was a big deal, lol.
But probably my biggest draw to Euro football, is the relegation/promotion system, it’s brilliant! There is actually consequences to the way teams play. If you think about it, in our sports (North American) you can suck and finish dead last, but be rewarded with the #1 draft pick. In Europe, if you finish at the bottom of the league, you get sent back to a lower league, and please correct me if I’m wrong because I could be, but I think the players have clauses that their pay goes down with relegation as well. But on the flip side, if they finish at the top of the table, great play is rewarded with moving to a higher league. I think it brilliant. I hate to say it, but my beloved Detroit Lions should have been a Division II team for the last 30 years, lol.

Unfortunately right now, for some reason, we aren’t getting Bundesliga, La Liga, or Serie A broadcasts right now, so I can’t really comment on them. I know that’s a whole lot of talking about not modeling stuff, but I do have a lot of things I’m about to finish, some ACW artillery, a USN DE, some German half tracks, and a 28mm Viking…..,.

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

Oooohoho, how bout those Champions League groups! I think my two picks for the Finals are Chelsea and PSG. It was a tough pick to not put Liverpool over Chelsea.
Ronaldo went to United, but really I think it’s more for social media and jersey sales, don’t get me wrong, he’ll do ok, be he’s not Ronaldo of even 5 years ago.
Man City sign Grealish, but lost out on Harry Kane, Messi and Ronaldo, and all they have for their troubles is Mendy, if you follow the game, I don’t need to say more. Maybe the Gunners will have a chance, at least if they don’t wear their third kit, I fear there is a bowling alley someplace that’s lost their carpet.
And this weekend is Spa, even though F1 has been rather boring in the turbo-hydrid era, Spa has to be my favorite circuit, it’s just beautiful. The La Source, Eau Rouge, Raidillon complex has to be one of the most visibly pleasing parts of any race track for a fan. I like to say Spa is the Augusta National of race courses.

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

Florida is really promoting their new QB, they must have high expectation. Talking a lot about the backup.
Running back seems very good position.
Defensive backs seem to be weak.
Next is swimming.
Chris

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

I do love swimming, I’m fairly proud I’m 42 and can still break a minute in the 100 free, barely! Lol

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

That is really very good! You are a youngster by the way.
A friend of mine swam from Gibraltar to Morocco 2 years ago.
In college he was 200-400 although he won bronze in 100 fly in 1980 Olympics. Gator great. On 2 American record 800 FR for UF.
Chris

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

That’s pretty cool, having sailed through the Straights of Gibraltar I don’t know how many times, that’s pretty ballsy! Sometimes I still swim the 400 IM for the laugh factor, my breast and back aren’t uh, what they used to be, lol.
The games today were something else’s, the Liverpool/Chelsea game did not dissapoint. Poor Arsenal got handled.