GS finally gave in

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

panzergator
E5

GS finally gave in

Post by panzergator »

The Gator State finally yielded to necessity and added two AH56 Cheyenne attack helicopter battalions to its arsenal. One S67 battalion will fill out the 3-battalion brigade, which will be followed by several AH64 Apache battalions. GS will also add a couple lift battalions for airmobile operations. Meanwhile, Acquisitions Branch will continue to fill out ground battalions with necessary combat support and support vehicles.
All blessings flow from a good mission statement.
Pogo was right. So was Ike.
"A Gentleman is a man who is only rude intentionally." (Churchill)
Give credit. Take responsibility.

madman
E5

Re: GS finally gave in

Post by madman »

Source of the AH56 please?

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

Counterfeit Manufacturing Ltd.
The GS is almost ready to start conquering the world and UIN. Be aware of the GEF, Gator Expeditionary Force, pronounced ‘Jif’.
Chris

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

panzergator wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:44 pm
The Gator State finally yielded to necessity and added two AH56 Cheyenne attack helicopter battalions to its arsenal. One S67 battalion will fill out the 3-battalion brigade, which will be followed by several AH64 Apache battalions. GS will also add a couple lift battalions for airmobile operations. Meanwhile, Acquisitions Branch will continue to fill out ground battalions with necessary combat support and support vehicles.
Did you get them through thingiverse?

Gazza
E5

Post by Gazza »

I certainly don't want to answer for Panzergator :wink: but there's a 1/285th AH-56 Cheyenne available on Shapeways - it's by Kokoda Trail Models.

I must admit that I initially misread the initial post and was looking for the RAH-66 Comanche :oops:

panzergator
E5

Post by panzergator »

Free stl file from Thingiverse. Son printed them for me for the price of 3 bottles of resin. I use one, he gets the other two. AH56s support my MBT70/XM803 battalions from same source. This is FUN! Working to get XM723. That one I have to commission, along with XM800(T). I've been asking GHQ for this stuff for years, but gotten none of it. I understand why, 3D is the only way I can get it. M8s coming soon

Not interested in forming an expeditionary force. Just don't want to be turned into a damned "dom" by CofC. "If you want peace, prepare for war!"

While XM803 was originally an austere version of MBT70, with cdr's station M85 replacing the hideaway 20mm cannon and other limited functionality, GS builds full-function MBT70 but eliminates 20mm for the M83 50cal (we designate it M70A1). Later versions may opt for 120mm main gun. We shall see. Disadvantage is no CHOBHAM armor.

There is an RAH66 stl file available, which is being considered, but not a priority.

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

It's good to hear from the Gator State! We thought about sending some scouts over to see what you were up to, but we didn't want to lose any scouts! You gotta post some pics of your new stuff when you get a chance. It would be cool to see those birds!
Redleg's Website: micropope.webstarts.com

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

I was worried about what happened to the Gator State but I’m happy to see that their alright, New Canada needs new Allies and trading partners these days.

panzergator
E5

Post by panzergator »

:twisted: Working on the pics issue, but have to work on painting issue first. Chris has some pics if he's inclined to post. Have to find 4-blade rotors. And Cheyenne had a pusher prop rather than a tail rotor.

I've been around, but not a soccer fan and don't do the Micronauts. And I am busy planning my 3D acquisitions, negotiating contracts and delivery dates with my 3D printer son.

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

Well I’m any case welcome back GS, I’m looking forward to doing business with you.

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

GS AH Vanguard, wait for the heavy stuff.

Chris

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

YES!!!! Those look very cool! I can't wait to see them all painted up and ready to kill stuff!
Redleg's Website: micropope.webstarts.com

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

Time to start working on my AH-1 Sea Cobras for the RCN got at least 10 of them printed though only 6 are operational the rest are under repairs as the supports that where printed on the helicopters was to close or in some cases moulded in with the landing gear and it broke of its supports.

panzergator
E5

Post by panzergator »

Mech, do you use a filament printer or a resin printer? My son has both, but the resin printer produces more, faster, and a smoother product, if you can swing it.

There are handling precautions to consider with the resin one. And the filament printers need a hood and vent to control particulates in the air. My son's resin printer will produce 37 tank hulls in two hours. It's certainly an interesting process. The print is upside down, with the product hanging from the plate like bats, periodically dipping down for another layer, rising to let it form and solidify, then going back in for another layer.

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

I don’t have a 3D printer but my local library has one. It looks like a filament printer.