GHQ almost lost a customer

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

nashorn88
E5

GHQ almost lost a customer

Post by nashorn88 »

MechCommander
E5

Re: GHQ almost lost a customer

Post by MechCommander »

San Francisco is that where Redleg lives?

nashorn88
E5

Post by nashorn88 »

Redleg live here too? I haven’t found anyone by me that does micro armor at all.

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

I'm down in Riverside, east of Los Angeles. Glad you're OK Nash!
Redleg's Website: micropope.webstarts.com

BurtWolf
E5

Post by BurtWolf »

Damn scary stuff. All due respect it seems kind of lawless out there. Stay safe.

panzergator
E5

Post by panzergator »

So, Nashorn, why didn't you have your body armor on? Pajamas are no good in a firefight.
All blessings flow from a good mission statement.
Pogo was right. So was Ike.
"A Gentleman is a man who is only rude intentionally." (Churchill)
Give credit. Take responsibility.

nashorn88
E5

Post by nashorn88 »

panzergator wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:19 am
So, Nashorn, why didn't you have your body armor on? Pajamas are no good in a firefight.
No kidding.
I should have paid for that armored glass. I was at the window…lol
https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared/EF ... k8tndbWEtX

panzergator
E5

Post by panzergator »

I gathered that. Windows frame a target too conveniently. Pistols, I gather. The door is better, from a crouched or prone position. Got a long gun? At least you scared 'em off for the evening. Was your car the victim?
All blessings flow from a good mission statement.
Pogo was right. So was Ike.
"A Gentleman is a man who is only rude intentionally." (Churchill)
Give credit. Take responsibility.

Cav Dog
E5

Post by Cav Dog »

I've caught thieves breaking into parked cars and garages and a loud yell has worked to date. Based on your story, I may have to adopt the "shoot first, yell later" rule. Glad you're OK.
Tactics are the opinion of the senior officer present.

nashorn88
E5

Post by nashorn88 »

It was a neighbors car. Yea, didn’t ever think someone who shoot at me for that.
It’s a crazy world we live in these days.
Have long gun but never think I would need to use it when I look out window.
The angle of the shooter was beside my house so I didn’t even see or notice anyone there.
I didn’t practice for a long time so I wouldn’t have use a hang gun anyway. Well except for my 1912 for home defense.
Guess it’s not my time yet.

Brigade Commander
E5

Post by Brigade Commander »

nashorn88 wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:11 am
It was a neighbors car. Yea, didn’t ever think someone who shoot at me for that.
It’s a crazy world we live in these days.
Have long gun but never think I would need to use it when I look out window.
The angle of the shooter was beside my house so I didn’t even see or notice anyone there.
I didn’t practice for a long time so I wouldn’t have use a hang gun anyway. Well except for my 1912 for home defense.
Guess it’s not my time yet.
When I told my wife about this she said that was the kind of thing she would expect me to do. Lesson learned. Nashorn, if you decide to do that again establish a base of fire first and then yell from cover. And here is to hoping that you never have those types of events in the future or if you do you change your level of contact. Like call in a Rapid Reaction Force (aka SFPD).

Stay safe. We need you on the forum. For a long time! We already lost at least one forum member to someone with an IQ lower than the caliber of the handgun he shot the member with.
"It is a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the road and, if you do not keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to."

Bilbo Baggins to Frodo Baggins.

nashorn88
E5

Post by nashorn88 »

I believe everyone here would do the same thing.
Just a cautionary tale for everyone think before reacting.
But it’s the same thing if you walking towards your car and stranger was inside you wouldn’t stand by and called cops you would confront them?

E5

Post by 7.62 »

Just read the OP and was thinking "I know GHQ just put the prices up but why is nashorn nicking car parts"?
I see it was not you doing the shooting, all good, play safe out there.

Mikee
E5

Post by Mikee »

Nashorn,

I see you live in Miraloma Park in THE CITY! We used to be neighbors - if you lived there 31years ago! I owned a house at 266 Bella Vista Way from around '72 to '90 which, if I remember right, is one street downhill from Molimo (or is it one street uphill? Or both?). Two of my children went to Miraloma Gtammer School down at the end of the block.

At the beginning of 1990, my wife invited me to expand my horizons & look for new experiences (ie: "You no longer meet my needs; I want you to move out of the house."). So I moved across the Bay to Oakland, where I've been ever since. It's much sunnier than Miraloma Park, (Miraloma Park, for all you uninitiated, is where all good fogs go to play - day, after day. after day, ad infinitum. There were days where the fog was so heavy that I couldn't see down to the end of the block!) Looking back, I paid $32,200 for the three-bedroom house in '72. My children sold it at a giveaway price of $1,375,000 about 4 or 5 years ago after my ex-wife died. Not a bad profit!! I coulda brought a whole lotta ships with that money!

Take Care,

Mikee

nashorn88
E5

Post by nashorn88 »

Mikee wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:14 am
Nashorn,

I see you live in Miraloma Park in THE CITY! We used to be neighbors - if you lived there 31years ago! I owned a house at 266 Bella Vista Way from around '72 to '90 which, if I remember right, is one street downhill from Molimo (or is it one street uphill? Or both?). Two of my children went to Miraloma Gtammer School down at the end of the block.

At the beginning of 1990, my wife invited me to expand my horizons & look for new experiences (ie: "You no longer meet my needs; I want you to move out of the house."). So I moved across the Bay to Oakland, where I've been ever since. It's much sunnier than Miraloma Park, (Miraloma Park, for all you uninitiated, is where all good fogs go to play - day, after day. after day, ad infinitum. There were days where the fog was so heavy that I couldn't see down to the end of the block!) Looking back, I paid $32,200 for the three-bedroom house in '72. My children sold it at a giveaway price of $1,375,000 about 4 or 5 years ago after my ex-wife died. Not a bad profit!! I coulda brought a whole lotta ships with that money!

Take Care,

Mikee

I live one blk up the street from your old house.
We move here 28 yrs ago. I have the same style house. We totally remolded last year after a fire. Add 4 bathrooms open layout of the main floor. My little work area was converted to another bedroom that was my man cave.
Sad because now my wife always complain about how messy it is….lol not really that funny .
I saw that your place sold for almost 1.9M last year.
Crazy SF housing prices. I always envy people living in other areas since they have large gaming rooms large everything.
Oh well what are you gonna do.
I know of only 3 other people in the area that collects micro armor. Did you remember some of the hobby shops around the area? Franciscan hobbies, D&J. hobbies and that game store in Avenues ran by Sheldon?
Those were the days I would collect my paycheck on Friday in high school and spend all of it on miniatures.
Glad to know there’s another collector close by.