Do you take paints on vacation?

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

Extra Crispy
E5

Do you take paints on vacation?

Post by Extra Crispy »

Just back from a week on vacation. I was tempted to take some vehicles for my T64 regiment to work on as they need so few colors. Three browns, two greens, rust, and brown wash. There was a small space in the hotel room that would have been just right, though lighting might have been an issue.

I've done it when staying with a friend or at the family country place, but not in a hotel type situation.
Mark Severin
Owner, Scale Creep Miniatures
Author DeepFriedHappyMice.com

nashorn88
E5

Re: Do you take paints on vacation?

Post by nashorn88 »

I do on some vacations. Going on a cruise soon and I plan to since there’s a lot of free time.

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

if it's a family vacation I don't plan to do anything micro armor related, but if I'm traveling for business I will sometimes bring a few bottles of paint and a couple vehicles in a bunker box.

A few years ago I was in a hotel for 6 weeks for work and I ordered a combat command (when they still had them) and I had it delivered to the hotel. I didn't bring any crafty stuff with me, but there was a Michael's in town so I bought some Testors paint and some brushes. I also got a can of OD spray paint an I laid the tanks out on the free copy of USA Today to spray paint. Unfortunately the windows didn't open. Management was not happy with me!
Redleg's Website: micropope.webstarts.com

BurtWolf
E5

Post by BurtWolf »

I do - Because I find a painting mostly relaxing. I take paints on most vacations, rarely on work related trips. My work was pretty intense and consisted of 14+ hour days sometimes, so no real band with in my brain to do painting. When I’m on family vacations I get up early in the morning and do some work over a cup of coffee before the Fam rises… it’s really a pleasure to me..,