GHQ kickstarter for model you want?

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

nashorn88
E5

GHQ kickstarter for model you want?

Post by nashorn88 »

Since most of us want certain models made buy GHQ doesn’t seem to listen.
I wonder if GHQ did a Kickstarter for a particular model would that work? After all getting money upfront for some thing they were eventually make anyway.
Just a thought since I saw 2D6 running one.
Not sure if it would work for GHQ.

Splod
E5

Re: GHQ kickstarter for model you want?

Post by Splod »

There's been a number of companies run something similar. S&S and Eureka both run their '20 Club' and their '100/300 Clubs' where they open pre-orders for a yet-to-be-released model/range, and only start production once a minimum order number is fulfilled.

I'd definitely be keen though :mrgreen:
Little Metal Men: A story of a distracted wargamer

“A learning experience is one of those things that says, 'You know that thing you just did? Don't do that.”
- Douglas Adams

nash88

Post by nash88 »

Like this one.
if they can raise over $3K I'm sure GHQ can do the same. After all it going to made sooner or later anyway.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2d ... eLxqJ6K4Xg

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

Footsore just raised an insane amount for their 28mm Medievil Welsh line.

nashorn88
E5

Post by nashorn88 »

Beagle wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:50 am
Footsore just raised an insane amount for their 28mm Medievil Welsh line.
Really? I have a large 28mm medieval army.
I could use some Welsh. I’ll have to take a look.

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

Yeah, so, the Kickstarter ended last week. I think they are getting ready to release them to the public if they haven’t already. Like all of their minis, impressive is an understatement. They’ll fit with my Barons War line nicely. I think my favorite part of collecting and gaming wit minis is boarding my horizons in history, the Barons War was some I’d never really heard of in my part of the world. English history is so deep and broad, unless you’re from there, or study it, there’s a lot you can miss, but interest in in minis can open whole new worlds. I’m finding it fascinating reading about William Marshal. For instance, before I’d read about him, I’d no idea about the meaning of an inverted shield. Sorry, I strayed off off topic, lol.

StarCruiser
E5

Post by StarCruiser »

Any company with GHQ's history/legacy could quite easily raise the cash for pretty much any project they want via Kickstarter...

I can think of quite a few items they could add to their catalog that way, possibly entire new product ranges.
"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of java that the thoughts acquire speed. The hands acquire the shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion." - Programmer's Mantra