Attention all Australian and New Zealand customers

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

Beagle
E5

Re: Attention all Australian and New Zealand customers

Post by Beagle »

I know this isn’t quite the same, but for Christmas, I made a donation to the Port Macquarie koala hospital by ‘adopting’ one that permanently lives there, in my wife’s name. I made the donation the first week of November, the small package with koala goodies just showed up this week, lol. Better late than never I suppose, and there is a happier blind koala dangling from a tree.

Splod
E5

Post by Splod »

Beagle wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:58 am
I know this isn’t quite the same, but for Christmas, I made a donation to the Port Macquarie koala hospital by ‘adopting’ one that permanently lives there, in my wife’s name.
Sadly, Koalas have officially been updated to endangered across much of Australia just this month :(
Little Metal Men: A story of a distracted wargamer

“A learning experience is one of those things that says, 'You know that thing you just did? Don't do that.”
- Douglas Adams

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

Splod wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:37 am
Beagle wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:58 am
I know this isn’t quite the same, but for Christmas, I made a donation to the Port Macquarie koala hospital by ‘adopting’ one that permanently lives there, in my wife’s name.
Sadly, Koalas have officially been updated to endangered across much of Australia just this month :(
That’s sad. Well, I give a little money every year to help the furry little creatures. Although, they are terrifying when wet!

Splod
E5

Post by Splod »

Beagle wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:57 am
That’s sad. Well, I give a little money every year to help the furry little creatures. Although, they are terrifying when wet!
And the noise they make during mating season! I grew up on an island state which doesn't have koalas, and had never experienced them in the wild. I remember my first night patrol at basic training when I heard my first koala... It was a like a bellowing roar. Nearly packed myself! My SecCo thought it was hilarious that his gunner was scared by a koala :oops:

But back to my main question... The USPS website still lists a temporary service disruption due to COVID-19 dated 17 September 2021. It looks like this disruption only affects Priority Mail International though?
Little Metal Men: A story of a distracted wargamer

“A learning experience is one of those things that says, 'You know that thing you just did? Don't do that.”
- Douglas Adams

rct75001
E5

Post by rct75001 »

Splod wrote:
Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:18 am

But back to my main question... The USPS website still lists a temporary service disruption due to COVID-19 dated 17 September 2021. It looks like this disruption only affects Priority Mail International though?
Splod

The USPS restriction is a bit crazy when you consider how easy it is now to get packages from the UK and (most of) Europe to here now. In fact a recent parcel for me from New Zealand to Sydney took twice as long as a UK one ordered the same day.

Richard

chatto
E5

Post by chatto »

A shame it's still being held out. I'm unfortunately not purchasing anything until the mail improves.

Once it does - well, I have a lot of backlog to get!

Oldbutto

Post by Oldbutto »

Hi Team,

There seems to have been some ovement at the station on this issue. I got an SMS from GHQ yesterday giving me a USPS tracking number. USPS tracking service recognises the number but it's "not yet in system". It's a start at least considering I ordered in September last year.

Still thank you GHQ. Not many suppliers would have had this length of patience.

chatto
E5

Post by chatto »

Oh, keep us in the loop about whether or not you get the mail come through. It'd be good to be able to make some orders again!

CDP

Post by CDP »

Hey GHQ,

Any change to the Shipping? My pile of Shame needs replenishing.

Carl
Cheers

Carl D Peachey

michaelc

Post by michaelc »

given that it is now June, has there been any changes to shipping yet? ;)