This is the 2021-2022 Wishlist for the GHQ NEW PRODUCT LIST of 2022-2023

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

recon110

Re: This is the 2021-2022 Wishlist for the GHQ NEW PRODUCT LIST of 2022-2023

Post by recon110 »

My wish list is for people to stop making copies of GHQ vehicles (add some $#$% to the model make a mold and cast) and try to tell me its legal. It aint.
David Farrell

panzergator
E5

Post by panzergator »

Well, it wasn't all the troops did in units I was in over there. They worked pretty hard, went to gunnery 3 times a year, tactical training twice a year, spent plenty of time in the local training area, at least one alert per quarter, all of which meant plenty of maintenance on return. Classroom training in between. Plenty of prep day and night for Graf, Wildflecken, and Hohenfels. I think our schedule was fairly typical USAREUR-wide.

I've done some 3D printing and talked about it here. MBT70s and XM803s, AH56 and S67 attack helicopters, NONE of which GHQ makes, nor apparently, has any intention of making. Same for GM XM1, XM723, and XM800, which I plan to print. The M113s and M577s I've printed do not have NEARLY the detail of GHQ's and may be inspected at any time, as well. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place, but I haven't seen anything posted here that seemed to be ripping off GHQ. I do agree completely- it wouldn't be legal.
All blessings flow from a good mission statement.
Pogo was right. So was Ike.
"A Gentleman is a man who is only rude intentionally." (Churchill)
Give credit. Take responsibility.

recon110

Post by recon110 »

Panzer dont take that serious. Im refering to certain modelers on Facebook. Dont live in a GHQ vaccuum. Facebook groups put this forum to shame with the low content and member numbers. Also, Im quite sure I did everything you listed and more you said in your thread. 19D30. Served in Bosnia Saudi and Kuwait. Fought Hidden Valley NTC shot gunnery including TPU and points at Hood Stewart Graf and Benning Irwin and trained 2 Hungarian NCOs at BNCOC including static gunnery at Knox. I got alot of tshirts in
mostly Div Cav units and a Bradley Scout Platoon at 3rd BDE 24th Mech on Kelly Hills. And yes spent alot of BS time standing around for CSMs to release my units. Pulling pacs, sweeping motorpools and I didnt smoke but plenty of enlisted smoked. I was a Bradley NET Instructor for UDLP and BAE Systems for 7 yrs now work for US Army TACOM. Scouts Out.
David Farrell

panzergator
E5

Post by panzergator »

Yep. You did more than me. Well done. And thank you. I do live in this forum world rather than FB groups, and I agree folks shouldn't rip off GHQ. There are plenty of free stls on line.

I don't build dios, but I'm sure that those who do would like to see some figures smokin'and jokin.'

BurtWolf
E5

Post by BurtWolf »

If someone e were really intrepid - and this may be where I take my 3D printing to - one would make knocked out tanks - armor akimbo, hatches flung open, treads unwound, kit spread about … when gaming I like to visually measure the battle by the wrecks. Yeah smoke and fire markers are cool, but how about a heap of twisted metal to boot?

Mikee
E5

Post by Mikee »

Given the delays in producing (or, at least) announcing the recent '21-'22 new stuff, I wonder if they are even going to show us a '22-'23 list.

Brutzel
E5

Post by Brutzel »

GHQ could expand its "what if" line with modern vehicles. Vehicles that are offered by companies and may not always be produced. However, these vehicles may be well integrated into their own GHQ armed forces. Is there a market for it? GHQ also produces vehicles that were perhaps only 8 times in an army. For example, the Boxer variants, which have not yet been produced, but can be seen on the Internet as prototypes.

panzergator
E5

Post by panzergator »

Yes. I'd like to see the Marine advanced amphibious assault vehicle

panzergator
E5

Post by panzergator »

We absolutely MUST have the new US light tank. The sooner, the better.

Brutzel
E5

Post by Brutzel »

Hi, one or two, three things I still have. :)
What I miss for a long time the modern German Navy. German WW2 ships has GHQ abundant in the production line.
GHQ, of course, has modern US ships. The ships of Great Britain, China, Japan and Russian has GHQ also in production.
In addition to the French fleet, the German fleet is also missing. Wouldn't it be time to launch ships from these two countries?
OK, I'm German.... I don't know if others share my interest. ;)
(By the way.... I have been waiting for the Weasels (Wiesel) 1+2 of the Bundeswehr for more than 10 years.^^)

StarCruiser
E5

Post by StarCruiser »

Maybe a dedicated NATO range?

Some French, German, Spanish, Italian, Dutch etc... ships. Some types from the Cold War era and some more recent?
"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of java that the thoughts acquire speed. The hands acquire the shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion." - Programmer's Mantra

STS

Post by STS »

Perhaps we'll the the French FREMM at some time, considering that the US has contracted a few as the Constellation-Class.

Other than that, I'd second the wish for other NATO ships. It doesn't need to be a whole lineup, but perhaps 1-2 different frigates, a German tender, one of the Dutch landing ships etc....you know, the ships that seem to be omnipresent in NATO Maritime Groups.

Brutzel
E5

Post by Brutzel »

StarCruiser wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:47 pm
Maybe a dedicated NATO range?

Some French, German, Spanish, Italian, Dutch etc... ships. Some types from the Cold War era and some more recent?
That would be a start. Over the years, this production line would be expandable. I think we will wait for many more years.I hope GHQ surprises us. ;)

pibber
E5

Post by pibber »

Hello guys ! 8)

While waiting for news release that should be coming… :
here is my « TOP 25 » wishes for the 2022-23 list : (maybe it give few ideas to GHQ team ….)

BRITISH WWII
- British Sherman ARV. (because we have no ARV for british armored units…)
- British Humber FWD, 4x4 heavy utility/Staff car. (very common in many UK HQ units)
- British 15cwt Morris water tank truck. (very common in many UK companies and present in many UK units)

and, to complete definitively the awesome UK 79th armored division assaut materials line from GHQ (we already have « Kangaroo » #2, LVT-2, LVT-4, LVT4 w/polsten gun, Churchill crocodile, Sherman CRAB, Sherman DD, Sherman Flail) :
- Churchill tank AVRE w/fascines
- Churchill tank AVRE Small Box Girder (to be lighter for the miniature, the assaut bridge part could be made in resin or in photo etched parts) (two bridges deployed + two Churchill AVRE in the pack and maybe one or two assaut bridges fold in tracted position)
- Kangaroo #1 (on M7 « Priest » hull, very interesting from Normandy to automn 44)
- UK armored dozer "Caterpillar" engineer (interesting for assault landing in Walcheren island nov’ 44)

US ARMY WWII
- US dozer "Caterpillar" engineer + 20ton semi-trailer to carry it, with a prime mover
(the prime mover could be GHQ Diamond 6x6 Hv truck or the beautiful GHQ Treadway Corbitt 6t truck), very common in engineer units and could complete definitively the awesome GHQ «US engineers CC ».
- "Bailey bridge", engineer bridge, (few sections) (use everywhere with US & GB forces during WWII)
- US tents (nice for military hospital/first aid post, USAF airfield maintenance or army command post)

RUSSIAN WWII
- Russian M 1937 type, 152mm long artillery gun, (tracted and deployed version) with a new heavy prime mover. (a must have for collector or gamers with a russian army)(this gun was use on few heavy german arty batteries the atlantic wall too)
- Russian Heavy artillery prime mover “Komintern” or “Voroshilovez”. (a must have for collector or gamers with a russian army)

GERMAN WWII
- German Sdkfz 251/3 ausf.D (very good for Pz.Gr. Battalion HQ, late war 44/45)
- German Sdkfz 251/17 ausf.D late version of the 20 mm AA gun (late version with the very small 2cm AA gun armored turret inside the hull)
- One German Field kitchen horse drawn + two or three generic horse drawn wagon in the pack (small russian/german civilian model with one horse use by german forces for example). (very good to complete GHQ « horses drawn wagon » pack, and because we have to remember that most of the german infantry divisions or Volks.gr.Div. were equiped with horses until the end of WWII !)
- German Engineers heavy trailers (very good for bridge engineer units. Prime mover could be SdKfz 7 8t or a new heavy truck model miniature – maybe Bussing Nag 900 Mercedes or Vomag 8LR LKW (6 wheels) )
- German heavy AA truck w/armored cab Bussing Nag, mount 3,7cm Flak, and w/flak ammo trailer. (maybe three trucks in the pack)
- German Opel Blitz truck 3t, late war model, without tarpaulin.
- Heavy german engineers bridge « brucko » with Sdkfz 7, 8t halftracks (or hv trucks) and few heavy engineer trailors. (maybe in a combat command like the awesome GHQ CC US engineers)
- Me.323 "Gigant" (Hv transport plane with engines, for eastern front) in a combat command. (2 « gigant » in resin, with the nose separate (it could be in open or close position). Nose, wheels and wings could be made in pewer to equilibre the weight of the model on the front)
- German Sdkfz251/7 ausf.D

FRENCH WWII
- Citroen truck T45. (very common truck in french forces and was use by german forces too)
- French heavy truck. (heavy tank transporter)

JAPANESE WWII
- Daihatsu assault barge (type A, army) (this is the lighter version than Toku Daihatsu 17m already done by GHQ)
- Field tents (large)

My « TOP 8 » VIETNAM 2022-23 list :

- US M54 5ton 6x6 Heavy utility truck (special Vietnam aera : without tarpaulin !) (very good for US convoys ! and very good base for new armored truck model by GHQ, to create hv armored trucks units).
- US M54 tractor-trailer truck with semi-trailer (flat semi-trailer without load) (for transportation btn, because It would be awesome if we could play road truck convoys missions in Vietnam aera and ambushes !)
- NVA individual infantry « assault sappers ».
- US « Chinook », vietnam version (differents air filters and different rear tail design than actual GHQ Chinook).
- US Ford Mutt with Tarpaulin.
- US 3/4t M37 small truck.
- Russian light truck GAZ-63 4x4.
- US riverine boat ATC program 5 (with new larger standart helipad) (we already have « program 4 » from GHQ, so it would be great to have « program 5 » to play late riverine battles)

Others ideas :
US WWII :
US 90mm M2 Antiaircraft guns (fire & tracted positions, with 6t truck corbitt without tarpaulin as prime mover)
LVT(A)4 waterline.
LVT(A)1 waterline.
LVT-4 w/Polsten waterline
German Sdkfz 251/16 ausf.D (Flamm thrower) (very good for late war : 1944-45)
US M3A1 halftrack radio/command post (rear open, without tarpaulin)

Accessories packs :
- drum cans (for fuel depot) (WWII and « cold war »)
- furnitures & ammo boxes. (for depot) (WWII & « cold war »)
- PSP plates on large sheet styrene or resin (on every military airfields or bases during WWII, Korean, Vietnam,...)
:wink:
Pibber.
(Long life to GHQ !)

StarCruiser
E5

Post by StarCruiser »

I'm still curious why there are no German early war Sd.kfz 251s... No Ausf. A or B.

These were everywhere in the early stages of the war and some remained in service for years.
"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of java that the thoughts acquire speed. The hands acquire the shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion." - Programmer's Mantra