Country equipment updates

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

E5

Country equipment updates

Post by 7.62 »

I see our antipodean friends will be keeping the GHQ staff busy changing the list of equipment operated down under.

First remove Tiger helicopter to replace with Apache and now scrap all the NH-90's and replace with new Black Hawks.

Big changes.

redleg
E5

Re: Country equipment updates

Post by redleg »

I admit it. I had to look antipodean up in the dictionary.
Redleg's Website: micropope.webstarts.com

Roger H
E5

Post by Roger H »

The Frogs kinda got screwed over on all fronts …..not just with the submarines .
Are the Aussies still looking at the French Caesar SP guns to replace the 105mm light guns and the 198s?

BenfromBrooklyn
E5

Post by BenfromBrooklyn »

Give GHQ time!
They still have to add the FH77 Bofors 155mm (you'll find it in Sweden) to India, which has more of them, and more importantly gives them great credit for success in the Kargil war.

Splod
E5

Post by Splod »

Roger H wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:07 pm
The Frogs kinda got screwed over on all fronts …..not just with the submarines .
Are the Aussies still looking at the French Caesar SP guns to replace the 105mm light guns and the 198s?
Nope. We no longer have any 105mm in service, and the M198 has already been replaced with the M777. We don't currently have any self-propelled artillery in inventory, but we've gone with the South Korean K9 Thunder. It'll be known as the AS9 Huntsman in Aussie service.
Little Metal Men: A story of a distracted wargamer

“A learning experience is one of those things that says, 'You know that thing you just did? Don't do that.”
- Douglas Adams

chatto
E5

Post by chatto »

Yeah we've done a LOT of chops and changes recently.

Basically, in the next ten years you'll see a lot of modifications.

AH-64E Apache replacing the Tiger (never really reached full service capability that thing!)
UH-60M and MH-60R Blackhawk/Seahawk helicopters back on the scene replacing the Taipan (MRH-90 was okay, but again never really cut the mustard)
Latest M1 variant with the SEP V3 and the active protection systems.
Some new IFV, it might be either the KF-41 Lynx (Boxer IFV/Puma turret and a FV510 Warrior Hull at this time) OR the AS-21 Redback (Harder to emulate as there are no seven-roller hulls available, but I'd use the K-21's turret on whatever hull).
K-9 155mm cannon
HIMARS rockets, we'll probably be using more of the missile systems instead of the rocket pods, but the HIMARS in the shop will cover it!

There's nothing that looks like the Hawkei currently in GHQ, somewhere else has one but that's as far as I'll discuss here.

Infantry wise I use a mix of another sources Australian infantry and US soldiers from GHQ. Still waiting for literally anyone to make an 84mm Carl Gustav carrying soldier however!