Vietnam Thread

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

kampfgruppe
E5

Nam

Post by kampfgruppe »

Hi

I will post others photos the next week of artillery Barge (105mm) and mortar barge (120mm) by PzPat, APB project etc...

kampfgruppe
E5

RAD 112

Post by kampfgruppe »

US River assault Division 112 (an ASPB missing) note the Zippo :D

kampfgruppe
E5

Post by kampfgruppe »

Thomaso827
E5

Post by Thomaso827 »

Gads, guess I will need more than 2 of those packs of ACTs! :lol: Beautiful.
Tom Oxley, OD Green Old Fart

jb
E5

Post by jb »

...that is one C 8) 8) L Barracks ship.
I'm in the process of going to move to another house,I found a USS Nimitz class carrier I was scratchbuilding over 20 years ago. It was not complete but I will post pictures when I get the chance,and it is Micro scale...
Last edited by jb on Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
John

jb
E5

Post by jb »

...haven't moved yet. I need to sell my house first. Getting the house ready. That's even worse than actually moving :lol: ...
John

Wayne

The Riverine force

Post by Wayne »

What was the total cost of your riverine force? I`d really like to know. I started out with 2 ATCHs and four PBRs but lost them during a move. Looking at your units I`m thinking of starting again. I just went to Minneapolis last weekend and wanted to get to GHQ and time was to short. Next time I`m there I`ll get to GHQ and buy some of them there.

ShortRound70
E5

Post by ShortRound70 »

kampfgruppe
Absolutely fantastic vessels! WOW!!! Love the barracks ship! I had a friend (no longer with us), who was a PIBBER driver near Can Tho in '68. Your work made me think of him. He would have appreciated your efforts. Keep up the great work. Hope to see more of it. :D
S/F
SR70

1ComOpsCtr
E5

Post by 1ComOpsCtr »

WOW! :shock:

Fantastic job on all of your riverine group.

Beautiful detail... :D

Will
ComOpsCtr
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster." - Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche, 1844-1900

kampfgruppe
E5

Post by kampfgruppe »

save.... Nam addict

pibber
E5

Post by pibber »

Hi ! :D

I'm "pibber"(Pz Pat), the creator of the mobile riverine forces figurines in photos post by my friend "kampfgruppe".
Because we are very passionate by the Vietnam riverine war in the Mekong Delta, we decided to create few of the most important river support ships see in action during the US forces operations.
Playing riverine boats (only GHQ boats of course !) is very pleasant, but we think it's more pleasant to play with riverine support ships and various barges ! :D

The thirst "big" creation is an APL with helipad (APL-18 or APL-30) made in sheet plastic styrene and wire copper. The second creation would be a LST (LST-821, USS Harnett county) to play Game Warden operation (with PBR and Helico Assault Light-3)

The cost of the Riv. Div. 112 is about 432 $ :cry:.
The cost of the 1097th medium boat company (LCM-8) is about 180$.

I project to constitute the Riv. Div. 111 to have the entire River Assault Squadron 11 :shock: .

We post more photos later. Be patient, because make big ships in scratchbuild take a lot of time (....and money ! :cry: )
Pibber.
(Long life to GHQ !)

pibber
E5

MATSB Vietnam

Post by pibber »

Hi !

First photo of my Mobile Advanced Tactical Support Base (MATSB). :D
(this is the first time I try to post a photo. I hope you can watch it)[/img][/url]
Pibber.
(Long life to GHQ !)

ShortRound70
E5

Post by ShortRound70 »

The link didn't work. Tried to get to it through photobucket, but no joy. Will try later, I would like to see the pic.