Vietnam Thread

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

1ComOpsCtr
E5

Post by 1ComOpsCtr »

Here is the picture that showed up when I followed the link: ... so why not post the picture...

Here it is:

Great job... also looks familiar, was the layout taken from a specific picture or place...?

Will
ComOpsCtr
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster." - Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche, 1844-1900

jb
E5

Post by jb »

...even though the pictures are fuzzy, i'm sure the quality is the same as previous Riverine projaects...

… Pibber, où les caisses de bière de coca-cola, de Schlitz, et de cas sont-elles de marlboro ? Merci de partager votre travail merveilleux.
John

Thomaso827
E5

Post by Thomaso827 »

I really appreciate the pictures. I am working up troops and support for Vietnam gaming and GHQ was the way to go - I couldnt begin to build companies at 1-1 of VC, NVA and US troops and still have anything left for tanks, tracks, boats, planes, etc. As it is, I am still figuring out what all I need in the area of tanks and support, but I picked up the decal set for the Riverine Division, and it filled in a few blanks I had after my initial purchase of most of the boats. There is a problem with the instructions for the Monitor, not showing the radar in the assembly. The picture on the back of the decal sheet clarified this for me at a glance. And it answered how many of what I still need without investing in the Delta game rules. I am still considering that purchase in the future, but at the moment am interested in using the boats to support the land combat in Forgotten Heroes. As I move towards running more of the riverine games, the lack of info and details in Forgotten Heroes in this area will require the information from the GHQ rules set. In the meantime, I was interested to see the pictures in this thread, especially those with crew figures in the boats. I bought the WW2 US Artillery/Summer set for my Vietnam era firebases, but see now I need to get a few more sets to man the boats as well. Great inspiration.
Tom Oxley, OD Green Old Fart

kampfgruppe
E5

Post by kampfgruppe »

HI

the same photo without final improvement

pibber
E5

Post by pibber »

Hi ! :D

Thank you for your encouragements.
My inspiration for the MATSB scenery came from the very good site "Brownwater Navy". There is a link in this site with few photos of the MATSB. I chose one of them to take my photo.

The foot radom fixation on the GHQ Monitor is fault :(. In fact the fixation, is a tubular pod with "S" form designe. It is fixing on the pilot canopy next to the small front projetor.
Maybe you can see this detail on the photo bellow. If you need more detailed photo about the modification i try to post an other one soon. :wink

WWII US artillery/summer set is very good for Vietnam crew boat. That's I am using for my boats.

For jb : i think it's a funny idea to make bottle can beer !!! i try to make some of theme soon !!! :D

(Sorry for my english. I stopped learning it since 1989 :cry: (!) so, sometime it's a little bite hard for me to understand some subtlety in the posts text. Maybe my answers would admit few syntax error) :cry:
Pibber.
(Long life to GHQ !)

jb
E5

Post by jb »

pibber wrote:Hi ! :D

Thank you for your encouragements.
My inspiration for the MATSB scenery came from the very good site "Brownwater Navy". There is a link in this site with few photos of the MATSB. I chose one of them to take my photo.

The foot radom fixation on the GHQ Monitor is fault :(. In fact the fixation, is a tubular pod with "S" form designe. It is fixing on the pilot canopy next to the small front projetor.
Maybe you can see this detail on the photo bellow. If you need more detailed photo about the modification i try to post an other one soon. :wink

WWII US artillery/summer set is very good for Vietnam crew boat. That's I am using for my boats.

For jb : i think it's a funny idea to make bottle can beer !!! i try to make some of theme soon !!! :D

(Sorry for my english. I stopped learning it since 1989 :cry: (!) so, sometime it's a little bite hard for me to understand some subtlety in the posts text. Maybe my answers would admit few syntax error) :cry:
M. Pibber et un de nos jours de moi apprendrai le français. Merci de nouveau de montrer votre travail magnifique…
John

ShortRound70
E5

Post by ShortRound70 »

Just want to save this one.

Wibaro

Post by Wibaro »

Great information

ACWBill
E5

Khe Sanh

Post by ACWBill »

A shot of my Khe Sanh project. A Thunderchief overflys the strip.

"I was worse scared than I was at Shiloh" - Sam Watkins
Perryville, KY - October 8, 1862

ACWBill
E5

A-4s

Post by ACWBill »

Skyhawks about to drop Napalm and Hill 861A.

Thomaso827
E5

Post by Thomaso827 »

Excellent pics and work. I was in the process of drilling out the GHQ F-4s for basing, and was thinking about cutting the center fuel droptank in half and removing enough to fit around the stand. On the other hand, would it be missed if I just left it off, but your pics show how much it is visible, so I will probably stick with that idea. It will also add some stability to the base, I would think.

This thread has been very helpful in my planning my own units, boats and support. Thanks.
Tom Oxley, OD Green Old Fart

ACWBill
E5

Drop Tanks

Post by ACWBill »

Thomas, I left them off nearly every other aircraft except these Skyhawks. Every shot I have of an A-4 showsa drop tank in use. The plane was quite small and probably had little in the way of internal fuel stowage. I drilled my hole a little to the rear of center but did it a little deeper than I normally would. I also relocated the tank a little foward of its actual position toa accomodate the aircraft stand. Overall it looks OK. I used the GHQ drop tanks on these old ROS models as GHQ makes no Skyhawk. I would love to see them make the Corsair (used WW II AND Korea), Skyhawk and the Intruder. Anyway - good luck to you.

ACWBill
E5

Skyraider

Post by ACWBill »

Since this is a GHQ forum I thought I had better include a shot of at least a few of the GHQ aircraft in my Nam collection: