Flight deck decals

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

whoa Mohamed
E5

Flight deck decals

Post by whoa Mohamed »

I’ve been a Major Fan of Dans for over a year now.
The guy is just amazing. Around August I asked Dan if he would be interested in Doing a decal for me. I asked if he would do the USS Deluth LPD 6 as it and the USS Stein DE 1065 have a family connection. Well he E-mailed and said to check back in about mid September as he was beginning the process of redoing all the 1/2400 decals. Well understanding what a massive undertaking it was I just put it out of my mind. So I recently made a order for new batch of JMSDF and Chinese LHA’s and Blueridge decals. I got them today. I was pleasantly surprised to receive decals for all of the Austin and Trenton class LPDs and wasn’t even charged for them this isn’t the first time Dan has included bonus decals without charge. Dan I just wanted to say from the bottom of my heart thank you I can now complete the miniature for that sailors wife for addition to his memorial.
every man for all mens rights
all men for every mans rights

Hoth_902
E5

Re: Flight deck decals

Post by Hoth_902 »

I have only ordered a handful of stuff, that has yet to make it on its intended target. I am currently on temporary assignment with work and can't hobby at the moment. However, they look amazing and I can't wait to use them. I did ask Dan to produce some square medical decals of various sizes and have yet to purchase it. I plan to do so very soon. I was also impressed on how open he is to suggestions for new products. I saw the final results of Redleg's Aircraft carrier and love the final product. Hats off to Flight Deck Decals.
Quantity has a Quality all its own.

http://warriorbear.weebly.com/

Flight Deck Decals
E5

Post by Flight Deck Decals »

Thank you both!

Hoth_902
E5

Post by Hoth_902 »

Your welcome and thank you. I finally bought the red cross decals, another LHD decals for my second wasp class ship, some new York and San Antonio class ships....and some others. I am so ready to get them on the ships.

whenimaginationfails
E5

Post by whenimaginationfails »

I too can sing the virtues of Dan. I picked up an old copy of the CinC Tarawa LHA and needed a decal. I sent Dan the miniature and he was kind enough to make the decal.

Hope they make it on to his site soon. It is wonderful to have vendors like Flight Deck Decals and GHQ out there.

Hoth_902
E5

Post by Hoth_902 »

whenimaginationfails,

That is one nice looking LHA. Well Done. And hat off to Dan on his outstanding customer service. GHQ should do everything they can to work with Dan. Its a match made in heaven.

whoa Mohamed
E5

Post by whoa Mohamed »

Wow that Tarawa looks fantastic, would love to see that decal in his line up as well as I have a Tarawa unbuilt. I did just buy all the new 1/2400 modern USN decals tonight so my Garcia class frigates can be finished up.
every man for all mens rights
all men for every mans rights

Hoth_902
E5

Post by Hoth_902 »

Whoa Mohamed,

Post your ship pics when you get them done. I just bought a bunch of 1/2400 decals and some vehicle decals. Looking forward to getting them on my GHQ stuff. Will be home from my Temporary work assignment on monday.. So it will be off the races for me.

I think everybody should buy at least one set of Decals from Flight Deck and post the picture of the results. This could jump start people posting pics and give Flight Deck a little boost for all the hard work he has been doing.

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

I will be doing some 1/285th scale vehicles over the next few months. I just received an order from Dan at Flight Deck Decals today. The decals look great! More later.

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

Pete, I’m going to be finishing a 1/48th project this weekend, once that’s done, I’m going to start some 251’s I’ve been putting off, using some of FDDs tac numbers, they look awesome as well.

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

I posted this pic previously on another thread, but this is the only ship I have at the moment with Dan's awesome deck decal. I will be rectifying that situation very soon with another Korean War carrier, and maybe some other ships. I just got the GHQ e-mail about the winter sale so I think it's time to place another order!

Redleg's Website: micropope.webstarts.com