Russian Yag-12

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

Wild Geese

Russian Yag-12

Post by Wild Geese »

Anyone heard of this thing - a Yag-12 truck.
Researched it because I have a model (admittedly poor) of one from ~35 years back, thought that someone else might find them amusing.

4 axle, 12 wheeled (dual wheels on both rear axles, single wheels on both front axles, both front axles steered).
12T 1932 - 41 . . .

Definitely something the Russkies would do . . .

WG

StarCruiser
E5

Re: Russian Yag-12

Post by StarCruiser »

From what little I found (in pigeon translated English) it appears that only a few were built in the mid 1930's.

I'm not sure there's any point in GHQ making a mini of this one!
"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of java that the thoughts acquire speed. The hands acquire the shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion." - Programmer's Mantra

Wild Geese

Post by Wild Geese »

Low numbers, true enough, but interesting still.
The one that I have (1/285) is rather crude, w/tarped body, of unknown mfg., has "DR34" cast in.
Who might the mfg. be??

WG

KimDimSum

Post by KimDimSum »

Truly sounds like a monster of a truck! Photos?

StarCruiser
E5

Post by StarCruiser »

Not a clue where it would have come from. I have to figure it's from a defunct company since no one seems to use a code like that now. Doesn't match up with CnC or Scotia - that's for sure.
"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of java that the thoughts acquire speed. The hands acquire the shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion." - Programmer's Mantra

Gazza
E5

Post by Gazza »

According to the (limited) info in my spreadsheet, the only companies to have done a YAG-12 are Heroics & Ros and Skytrex. Neither of which used the code DR34. I have a few of the Heroics & Ros version and it has an open back rather than a tarp.