USMC TOW vehicle - M1167

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

Splod
E5

USMC TOW vehicle - M1167

Post by Splod »

Hey all,

I've recently started work on my USMC forces for my Invasion Australia project, and the TO&E I'm using (Fistful of TOWs) calls for 6 'light AT vehicles'. For the time period I'm looking at (2007 - 2012), this means the M1165 Advanced TOW Carrier. Unfortunately there isn't a model for this in the range, with the only TOW HMMWV being the 90's era M996.

How would people go about representing the M1165 on table? I had considered grabbing the GHQ M1114 and swapping the .50 and shield out for a suitably scaled tube, but I wasn't sure if there was a better option.

Help is greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Splod
Little Metal Men: A story of a distracted wargamer

“A learning experience is one of those things that says, 'You know that thing you just did? Don't do that.”
- Douglas Adams

whenimaginationfails
E5

Re: USMC TOW vehicle - M1167

Post by whenimaginationfails »

Good question. I would just go with the M996, but all my TOW HMMWVs are H&R 1/300 versions from the 80s. Legions IV Hire's PFC CinC line has the M1025 version.

Hoth_902
E5

Re: USMC TOW vehicle - M1167

Post by Hoth_902 »

I really believe that GHQ is missing a way to increase there profits. Understanding that Sculpt creation is expensive and there is a limit to the new releases in a year, they could release conversion kits. There is a couple of vehicles that could be available with a simple change of a turret. Why not create different versions of vehicle baskets to modify the existing vehicle model. I would love to see the TOW basket and, if there was even a small difference, a Grenade launcher. But hey, I am crazy because I would love to see vehicle Stowage.
Quantity has a Quality all its own.

http://warriorbear.weebly.com/