Forum Going Up and Down?

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

Extra Crispy
E5

Forum Going Up and Down?

Post by Extra Crispy »

The forum here seems to suffer a lot of errors lately. I have not been able to get in for over a week.

Just me?
Mark Severin
Owner, Scale Creep Miniatures
Author DeepFriedHappyMice.com

E5

Re: Forum Going Up and Down?

Post by 7.62 »

It has been down for us here Canada too.
I was beginning to think Chris was uploading a complete photo log of his collection and had taken down the internet in the US.

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

Yup - it's been down for like a week! And right when I finish painting some stuff that I want to share too!
Redleg's Website: micropope.webstarts.com

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

Yeah, down for a week for me too, but, it’s not like I pay for it so, meh.

Splod
E5

Post by Splod »

I haven't been able to get in for the past week from Aussie-land either.
Little Metal Men: A story of a distracted wargamer

“A learning experience is one of those things that says, 'You know that thing you just did? Don't do that.”
- Douglas Adams

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

yea its been acting weird as of late. and I just finished painting my TOS-1 tanks.

whenimaginationfails
E5

Post by whenimaginationfails »

I emailed customer support on May 24th that it was down. They responded on the 25th that they contacted their website support people on the 24th. Guess it was a difficult issue to fix.

Good to see some of the new figures and their photos are up now.

GHQ
Site Admin

Post by GHQ »

We appreciate everyone who uses our forum to ask questions, answer questions, show off their projects, give their AAR's, share new resources, etc. We are not technical people here at GHQ. When an issue like this happens we are at the mercy of the people who can help us, and their schedules. Most people know that supply chains, and labor shortages have affected most people around the world to some degree. Fortunately we have managed to avoid some of the larger, more painful situations that have affected some. For this, we are extremely grateful. We want everyone to know that their truly is no one who ever wants to get these types of things fixed more than all of us here at GHQ. We received a lot of e-mails about this situation. Most were helpful, and were just informing us that the forum was down. Some were, we will euphemistically say, pretty snarky. No, we never had any intentions of shutting the forum down...no, we aren't going out of business...yes, we do care about our customers...yes, we do have some idea about running a business- we have been in business since 1967...

We realize that in this age of technology that very often people will think nothing of whipping out a snarky e-mail, post, etc., and will often times say things that they would never say to someone if they were face-to-face. We put this forum up as a means of helping our customers connect with one another. Our forum uses one of the most common forum/bulletin board platforms around- it's a quality platform, we aren't trying to take a cheap way out. That is why the format looks like many others that you have seen/used on many other website. All that we ask is that you cut us a little slack when an issue pops up. It's possible that the person who fixes it may be out of town for a long holiday weekend. If our forum is ever not working, that doesn't mean the sky is falling, it just means that there is an issue with our forum, and we will do what we can to get it back up as soon as possible.

We thank you for your support, and patience,
GHQ

whenimaginationfails
E5

Post by whenimaginationfails »

Thanks for the response, GHQ. You responded quickly in my book, but as you note, you are at the mercy of others. I hope your tech people have identified the root cause and have a solution.

Hopefully it won't happen in the future, but having an update notice you can put up on the main site giving people updates that you are dealing with the issue would help to keep the email questions (snarky or not) down. Your time is understandably precious and having to respond to the same email many times would distract from your other work.

Thanks for listening.

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

Oh good, back to normal. Those techies, glad they have it back up.
So, to bother PG, Redleg, Hoth, especially 7.62! let's see....
Chris

Extra Crispy
E5

Post by Extra Crispy »

If I came across as grumbling, my apologies. I was simply wondering if it might be an issue at my end. Like GHQ I am not a techie and so when my support team are on holiday.....

Nice to have the forum back.
Mark Severin
Owner, Scale Creep Miniatures
Author DeepFriedHappyMice.com