IRIS-T air defense

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

nash88

IRIS-T air defense

Post by nash88 »

Done in the GHQ style
Some of my best work yet. Still needs some fine tuning but happy with the results.
Just need to make re-loader and comm truck
Not accurate since I was only able to find a few pis of it. If you guys find some more pic lmk and I can correct.
Hope you guys like it.
Wish GHQ can make this in metal for me.
ImageRadar by nashorn88, on Flickr
ImageLaunchers by nashorn88, on Flickr

redleg
E5

Re: IRIS-T air defense

Post by redleg »

Holy cow!!! You created the files and designs and the printed them out? Are you doing any work on commission? That's pretty amazing!
Redleg's Website: micropope.webstarts.com

nash88

Post by nash88 »

Just actually to do. Use 3D builder its free. Then start with a square and go from there. Its easy to learn. What did you have in mind? What were you looking for?

StarCruiser
E5

Post by StarCruiser »

Not sure what sources you already have but, found a recent article about some being sent to Ukraine:

https://mil.in.ua/en/news/the-iris-t-ai ... ing-weeks/
"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of java that the thoughts acquire speed. The hands acquire the shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion." - Programmer's Mantra

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

I'm still wanting some Q36 and Q37 firefinder radars. They're probably not hard to create in the program you mentioned, I just feel pretty inadequate when it comes to fancy computer stuff!

Brigade Commander
E5

Post by Brigade Commander »

redleg wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:49 am
I'm still wanting some Q36 and Q37 firefinder radars. They're probably not hard to create in the program you mentioned, I just feel pretty inadequate when it comes to fancy computer stuff!
Put me on the list. As you well know!! I have been whining about them for a few years. :)

Add in the M-989A1 HEMAT. My 3AD GS MLRS Battery and my soon to be worked on MLRS Battalion in the 41st FA Brigade need a full set of reloads to chastise the Warsaw Pact miscreants as they come across the Border.
"It is a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the road and, if you do not keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to."

Bilbo Baggins to Frodo Baggins.

nashorn88
E5

Post by nashorn88 »

redleg wrote:
Let me try the Q36

nashorn88
E5

Post by nashorn88 »

Brigade Commander wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:14 am
redleg wrote:
Put me on the list. As you well know!! I have been whining about them for a few years. :)

Add in the M-989A1 HEMAT. My 3AD GS MLRS Battery and my soon to be worked on MLRS Battalion in the 41st FA Brigade need a full set of reloads to chastise the Warsaw Pact miscreants as they come across the Border.
That looks easy enough I’ll give it a try.

nash88

Post by nash88 »

Imageq36 by nashorn88, on Flickr

Too big and needs some detail but what you think?

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

Seriously? You can sit down at your computer for one night and create something that looks that good? It's sorcery!

That looks awesome Nash! I love it! You have a least 2 customers standing by to order! I will need at least 4 target acquisition batteries (2 in NATO camo and 2 in desert tan)!

Not trying to be all high maintenance, but would it be possible to do a version where the antenna is laying down too? So there can be one in travel mode and one deployed?
Last edited by redleg on Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hoth_902
E5

Post by Hoth_902 »

Nooooo not high maintenance at all redleg.
Quantity has a Quality all its own.

http://warriorbear.weebly.com/

nashorn88
E5

Post by nashorn88 »

redleg wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:50 pm
Seriously? You can sit down at your computer for one night and create something that looks that good? It's sorcery!

That looks awesome Nash! I love it! You have a least 2 customers standing by to order! I will need at least 4 target acquisition batteries (2 in NATO camo and 2 in desert tan)!

Not trying to be all high maintenance, but would it be possible to do a version where the antenna is laying down too? So there can be one in travel mode and one deployed?
Oh yea I usually make both ver. Will split radar so it can spin too.
Look for new ver as I improve it.
Helpful if you can find closeup pic since this is a mix of the 1980 and later model.

nash88

Post by nash88 »

ImageQ36ver2 by nashorn88, on Flickr

Getting there some changes made. Will test print when I get home.

Brigade Commander
E5

Post by Brigade Commander »

Niiiiice...

Both versions for me, deployed and travel, for each please. Same as I do for my M-954s. For each TO&E slot I have both an expanded and a travel version.

And when you do the Q-37 my wish would be the wheeled version. The tracked version was a GW-I mod. Most of it's operational period was wheeled.

And a big Thank You!! Tired of looking at the cobbled together mess standing in. You also will give me another source to categorize in my TO&E workbook. GHQ, C-in-C, Shapeways and Nashorn88!
"It is a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the road and, if you do not keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to."

Bilbo Baggins to Frodo Baggins.

nash88

Post by nash88 »