Wish list 2023-2024

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

Breivikeidet

Re: Wish list 2023-2024

Post by Breivikeidet »

I think Panzergator makes a really useful point about massive lists.

Although they're always written with enthusiastic best intent, they sometimes can seem a bit overwhelming. The point that was made regards a "Top Five" is really good, I think it refines the ask to GHQ. By complete accident, I did really well out of this next iteration with modern Swedish and Finnish kit. It still won't stop me from asking again (and again...) for -

1. Ka-52. Far more common that the Ka-50, if you want to play modern Russian Federation Battlegroups, then Ka-52s are critical.
2. Mi-8MTV-5 Granted, we have the Mi-8, but the "dolphin-nose" on the new variant is so much more common, especially if folk want to field a modern VDV force.
("My Mi-8 has no nose!",
"How does it smell..?"
"Terrible..!)

Regards gaming a current conflict, it's an understandable point. I don't feel uncomfortable, as I would think most modern gamers are very much sympathetic and sensitive to real-life losses. You may just approach it differently.

On the same point, I recently came across a YouTube video of some guys gaming an action that I was part of when overseas. I didn't think it was insensitive, quite the opposite. It was quite surprising, flattering and appreciated that enthusiasts were interested enough to remember the engagement and game it.

Just my thoughts, as Spod says, it's about respect.

Brigade Commander
E5

Post by Brigade Commander »

Brigade Commander wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:42 pm
panzergator wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 1:10 am
Wheredja get the tank and pump units?
Masters of Military on Shapeways. I had no end of trouble trying to find pictures that Stefan could work with but he was finally able to make it work. Did a fantastic job on the M-969A1 fuel trailer. That is the one that can do bulk drops as well as "retail" delivery. As in refueling individual vehicles. So, I had high hopes for my AN / TPQ-36 and AN / TPQ-37 (travel and deployed) Firefinder radars which I have had on my wishlist here off and on for more years than I care to think about but each time I check in I get "one or two more things are ahead of them." I think that is his way of saying nothing I sent him was useful. I have stand-in trailers so the unit looks complete. I have all of the other vehicles done. Kitbashed the generator trucks for all five squads (-36 x3, -37 x2). I built them to the original TO&E with 2 1/2 ton trucks in the -36 and 5 ton trucks in the -37 units. Before we phased them out they were, I believe, all HMMWV equipped.
Still no open bed only five ton trucks. Shapeways, Masters of Military, has one that has two covered and two open but I already have more than enough five ton trucks to last me so really only need open ones for the tank & pump sets. They did not deign to make a set of only open bed trucks and passed on the Q-36 & Q-37 radar trailers. Alas, I will only have stand-in covered trailers for them. Maybe if I make it that long GHQ will take pity on those of us who model full units and at least do an open five ton truck. And since they were doing it maybe they could do a two-and-a-half ton open truck as well. Increase the options for modelers. We are modelers. We get to dream.
"It is a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the road and, if you do not keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to."

Bilbo Baggins to Frodo Baggins.

panzergator
E5

Post by panzergator »

Yeggi has stl for 3d printing of 5T trucks.
Last edited by panzergator on Mon Oct 09, 2023 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
All blessings flow from a good mission statement.
Pogo was right. So was Ike.
"A Gentleman is a man who is only rude intentionally." (Churchill)
Give credit. Take responsibility.

foxbat
E5

Post by foxbat »

WW2 Naval : French Battlecruiser Strasbourg. The conning tower was significantly different from Dunkerque's.

panzergator
E5

Post by panzergator »

For release early next year, Guys, need the M10 Booker and the new Marine ACV.

ww2navyguy
E5

Post by ww2navyguy »

foxbat wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2023 8:18 pm
WW2 Naval : French Battlecruiser Strasbourg. The conning tower was significantly different from Dunkerque's.
Good choice for this important French battlecruiser. I second your pick :D

panzergator
E5

Post by panzergator »

Arty - I would like to be able to order towed guns by the pack, as in a pack 4 or 5 guns deployed or or 4 or 5 guns towed, ordering the prime mover separately.

panzergator
E5

Post by panzergator »

I know folks are looking at Ukraine and Israel/HAMAS, but lets not neglect other theaters.

LIST REVISION!!!

Modern NATO:

M10 Booker.
Amphibious Combat Vehicle
M54 OR M816 series 5t trucks. I know we have the 900 series 5t and wrecker, but M54/M800 served from the '50s through the '80s and that length of service should not be ignored. Need the trailers, too. The canvas should be removable for some flexibility.
M520 GOER Cargo and M553 Fueler , maybe 3and 2 pack or other combo. Yes it's a very long shot and Shape ways makes them.

I've given up asking that the M577 track extension be corrected because it's likely too expensive, but I don't buy that horrible abomination that should have been better researched. Not gonna. Ever.
Last edited by panzergator on Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:54 am, edited 3 times in total.

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

Modern Canadian
Canadian Rangers (w/Lee Enfield Rifles) on Snowmobiles.
AVGP family of Vehicles.
Lynx Recon Vehicle.
M113 TUA.

Early modern Italian Army.
Fiat 6614
Fiat 6616
Early Cold War Italian infantry.

battlewarrior

Post by battlewarrior »

brigade commander
masters of military has a modern tpq 53 counterfire radar if you are interested ,ok its not a 36 or 37
if you google shapeway echoco this guy produces aircraft/land vehicles/ships at various scales
he is currently open to requests till end of november (this cycle) try him

Dragonslayer261

Re: Wish list 2024-2025

Post by Dragonslayer261 »

US
F-15E
F-18G

M1070 HET with Armored D9
M911 HET
M1074 with pallets to load
M10 Booker

USS Long Beach
USS Garcia
USS Virginia
USS Gearing FRAM

Brutzel
E5

Post by Brutzel »

Ukraine has shown it. The "Bundeswehr" needs a drone killer.
New Stuff for the "Bundeswehr".
Boxer with Skyranger for the German Armed Forces.
Yesterday, the procurement was decided by the Federal Government.

panzergator
E5

Post by panzergator »

Bump

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

Short Seamew.
Soviet Political Officer Pack.
IRA Infantry Pack.
Canadian Rangers with Lee Enfeild rifles
Canadian Rangers on Snowmobiles.

Cav Dog
E5

Post by Cav Dog »

GHQ doesn't make a HMMV with a Mk 19 AGL? Put that on the list! Or at least add a sprue of Mk 19s to the current N63 pack along with the .50 cals.

And while we're at it, how about the M3 BFIST? or maybe include a spare BFIST turret with one of the he existing M2/M3 kits?
Tactics are the opinion of the senior officer present.