Wish list 2023-2024

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

panzergator
E5

Re: Wish list 2023-2024

Post by panzergator »

Thanks.
All blessings flow from a good mission statement.
Pogo was right. So was Ike.
"A Gentleman is a man who is only rude intentionally." (Churchill)
Give credit. Take responsibility.

panzergator
E5

Post by panzergator »

Ok. The Army did it, so now we need the Booker M10 MPF.

The M10 currently will be assigned as a battalion to divisions, intended to be parceled out to infantry battalions by mission in increments. One battalion per light infantry division. Four tanks per platoon, three platoons per company plus two in company headquarters. Three companies per battalion, two M10s in bn hq. Note the irony of the "M10" to the WWII M10 tank destroyer (the post-war Army after-action review said it did not need tank destroyers and the money was better invested in tanks). But we got 'er, Boys. The Booker battalion is not intended to be employed as a combat battalion. It will be employed as tank destroyers were in WWII, by platoon and company, attached to infantry bns, as needed. Geez, the circular reasoning is astounding. I feel obligated to point out the M8 Light Tank (AGS) could have met this capability YEARS ago AND it carried a ONE HUNDRED TWENTY MILLIMETER GUN! But NOOOO, the Infantry wanted its OWN not-a-tank. With a 105mm gun. Employment doctrine, level of assignment will continuing to develop... All that said, the M18 was the niftiest AFV to come out of WWII. Oh, why did we get rid of Stryker MGS? (Nevermind, I know THAT answer). Yep, moving the Armor Center to Ft. Benning, the HOME OF INFANTRY, was a BRILLIANT idea. No more the likes of M1, AIRLAND BATTLE, decisive maneuver warfare. Adna Chaffee, Tiger Woods, Creighton Abrams, and Don Starry would be gouging their eyes out to avoid looking at this sorry state. The Infantry has a "tank" and Cavalry has to use Strykers.

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

Cold War Canadian.
Infantry mounted on Snowmobiles
Canadair CL-84 Dynavert (The VTOL that could have been)
CT-114 Tutor
CF-18 Hornet
CS-2 Tracker
S-3 Seaking
DHC-4 Cariboou

Cold War Italian
Fiat 6614 APC
Fiat 6616 IFV
Fiat G91
Piaggio PD-808
Cold War Italian Infantry (With Beretta BM 59 Rifle and Franchi LF-57 SMG)
Cold War Italian Heavy Weapons (MG-3, Breda Folgore Recoiless Rifle, M72 LAW)

Splod
E5

Post by Splod »

Well, release schedule for 2024 has dropped today (check your email inboxes!).
1:285/6mm Scale
MODERN ARMOUR

Russia
9K52 Luna-M on the ZiL-135

Ukraine
BTR-3
M-55 S
T-64 BV

US
M-SHORAD Stryker
CUCV—Commercial Utility Cargo Vehicle
(Chevrolet, or Dodge probably VAMPIRE mounted in CUCV)

UK
Mastiff with Choker mine roller

France
Dassault Alpha Jet MS1

South Korea
K-SAM Pegasus

Sweden
Stridsvagn 122 MBT

India
Arjun Mk.1 MBT
Vijayanta MBT
NAMICA on BMP-2
BMP-2 mortar carrier

Poland
WZT-3M

China
PCL-09 howitzer on SX2150 truck

Japan
Type 87 RCV

Finland
XA-180 Patria Pasi
XA-181 Patria Pasi with Crotale missiles

1:285/6mm Scale
WWII ARMOUR

UK
LCS(M)–Landing Craft Support (Medium)
Marmon Harrington Mk. IV
Bristol Beaufighter

Russia
Voroshilovets tracked truck

Japan
Su-Ki amphibious truck

Italy
Breda Ba. 65 ground attack

US
M3 towed 105mm howitzer
LCP(L)—Landing Craft Personal (Large)

1:2400 Scale
MICRONAUTS

WWI UK
BB Majestic class
DD Laforey class—aka L-Class

WWI Italy
DD Indomito class

WWII UK
CA York

WWII US
CA-36 Minneapolis

WWII IJN
Akatsuki class destroyers

Modern Australia
L02 Canberra
DDG 39 Hobart
FFH 150 Anzac
Supply A195
L100 Choules
How'd you all go with your wish-listing? I have to say None of it jumps out at me, except for the Australian modern naval kit. Another year goes past with nothing for my Arab-Israeli gaming.
Little Metal Men: A story of a distracted wargamer

“A learning experience is one of those things that says, 'You know that thing you just did? Don't do that.”
- Douglas Adams

cr1980

Post by cr1980 »

Looks like I’m going to wait for them all to be released and then splurge on a modern Royal Australian Navy (I’ve got a few already, but mostly in lower quality 3D prints). I wondered which Anzac variant they’re going to do, I’d vote for the latest AMCAP upgrade.

panzergator
E5

Post by panzergator »

Looks to me like the wishlist doesn't work anymore. Not many participants on the board, with a few of us making massive lists. Probably ought to limit it to a top five, for starters, but it doesn't seem to make any difference. Chap parole are my only interest for my 1970s TOE collection. Probably order through Chris.

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

There are no "gotta haves" on the list for me, though there are a few things that I find interesting. I will probably grab some CUCVs if nothing else. I am more of a collector these days and less of a wargamer, but I can see some things on the list that would be great for the gaming side of the hobby.

I see a lot more micro armor activity on FaceBook. My interest in the hobby has been waning over the past few months. I have only painted 2 tanks in the last 6 months! (though I am excited to report that I actually put some decals on a pair of Shermans - my first 1/285 scale decals ever!) I'm sure it's just a phase, but this new release list didn't jump start my micro armor drive like I was hoping it would.
Redleg's Website: micropope.webstarts.com

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

CUCVs will work great for my Modern Canadians, but the question is which variant that they are going with? As they being around from the 1970s to Today. Im almost in the same boat as Redleg, I do collect Micro Armor myself, but sadly Historical Wargaming is non-existent in town. As none of the game stores in Grande Prairie carries them nor supports any groups. However I do use them in BattleTech as they are compatible with that games scale. Plus there's the online Imagi-Nations Wargaming stuff that Me, Hoth and Redleg do.

panzergator
E5

Post by panzergator »

Redleg, the real war in Ukraine has an off a putting effect for some of us, kind of a cloud hanging over the hobby. It isn't theoretical, it's real. It affects us because it is only one miscalculation away from general war. Takes the fun out of playing war. I've certainly found my interest level reduced.

Splod
E5

Post by Splod »

panzergator wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2023 1:13 am
Redleg, the real war in Ukraine has an off a putting effect for some of us, kind of a cloud hanging over the hobby. It isn't theoretical, it's real. It affects us because it is only one miscalculation away from general war. Takes the fun out of playing war. I've certainly found my interest level reduced.
Whereas I've found the war to have the exact opposite effect on me. I've been digging through my stock piles to recreate parts of the conflict in both 6mm and 20mm. It's very similar to when I was still in the service, gaming Afghanistan with recent veterans. People were either turned right off it as it was a current conflict, or really engaged. I remember doing some small scale skirmish at 20mm for some of the conflicts in Uruzgan, and I had a handful of Infantry lads who wanted to recreate engagements they'd been involved in. I feel it's just about being respectful about the conflict, which should apply whether it's current or historical.
Little Metal Men: A story of a distracted wargamer

“A learning experience is one of those things that says, 'You know that thing you just did? Don't do that.”
- Douglas Adams

Brutzel
E5

Post by Brutzel »

M-SHORAD Stryker and the CUCV were on my long wish list. It's nice that they're in the catalogue. I'm going to buy them. The entire rest of the novelty list has zero interest or relevance. GHQ won't get a lot of money '23-'24 from me. Or rather, I will probably buy some more from the Wehrmacht. (Slowly it may become a Wehrmacht division of models.^^)

I am a collector and not a player. I came to GHQ through BattleTech because it's the same 6mm scale. I used to play the BattleTech tabletop game. The GHQ models were great.

The Ukraine war has no buying effect on me. At any given time, there is war somewhere on earth. This is the nature of man. (A bad quality of man.)

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

Brutzel wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:53 pm
M-SHORAD Stryker and the CUCV were on my long wish list. It's nice that they're in the catalogue. I'm going to buy them. The entire rest of the novelty list has zero interest or relevance. GHQ won't get a lot of money '23-'24 from me. Or rather, I will probably buy some more from the Wehrmacht. (Slowly it may become a Wehrmacht division of models.^^)

I am a collector and not a player. I came to GHQ through BattleTech because it's the same 6mm scale. I used to play the BattleTech tabletop game. The GHQ models were great.

The Ukraine war has no buying effect on me. At any given time, there is war somewhere on earth. This is the nature of man. (A bad quality of man.)
Nice another BattleTech Player. I still play that game every week. Managed to get a Mech Kill one time with a M3 Halftrack carrying a AC/5.

Brutzel
E5

Post by Brutzel »

MechCommander wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:53 pm
Nice another BattleTech Player. I still play that game every week. Managed to get a Mech Kill one time with a M3 Halftrack carrying a AC/5.
Hello :)
I don't play anymore. The BattleMechs, Air/Space Fighters, Tanks, and Starships are all stored in the basement. The place is now taken by GHQ. ;D
In my apartment I still have a lot of background stuff like some old house books, technical readouts, basic boxes and so on. The basement is too damp for paper.

Here are my figures. The picture is already old. Not all models are on it.

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

Brutzel wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:18 pm
MechCommander wrote:
I don't play anymore. The BattleMechs, Air/Space Fighters, Tanks, and Starships are all stored in the basement. The place is now taken by GHQ. ;D
In my apartment I still have a lot of background stuff like some old house books, technical readouts, basic boxes and so on. The basement is too damp for paper.

That's a pretty Huge Cache of Old Metal minis, I got some metals, plus the New plastic minis coming from CGL, the game has grown popular in Canada for a couple years now, that we're seeing leagues forming in Alberta, and Ontario.

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

MechCommander wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:59 am
Brutzel wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:18 pm
MechCommander wrote:

That's a pretty Huge Cache of Old Metal minis, I got some metals, plus the New plastic minis coming from CGL, the game is growing in popularly in Canada for a couple years now, that we're seeing leagues forming in Alberta, and Ontario.