Looking for old Crusader Is and IIIs

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

madman
E5

Looking for old Crusader Is and IIIs

Post by madman »

I have both old (40+ year old castings) and new of the Crusader Is and IIIs. They are not the same. I assume someone got the scale wrong on the old miniatures. The old models are about 1" long while the new castings are about 13/16". The entire old miniature is much larger, all dimensions look proportional. I would like to acquire 5 Crusader Is and 5 Crusader IIIs of the old castings. I would be willing to trader for new ones or pay cash. I just want to add to my existing (say near 50 year old) collection from my early teen years and have matching tanks. I don't care that they are out of scale. Somewhere I have 40 year old catalogs to see if the models had different codes than the new ones (as there are a few discontinued codes). The current codes are UK29 for the Crusader Is and UK30 for the Crusader IIIs. Prefer unpainted but beggars cannot be choosers. These will be painted with either my 40+ year old Humbrol enamels or more recent if those tins are dead. I am not opening them until I need to but have found about half of my vintage paints come around with some lacquer thinners. Thank you for looking.

mark.hinds

Re: Looking for old Crusader Is and IIIs

Post by mark.hinds »

I have (had?) at least one box of the over-scale Crusader 1s, which are one of the reasons I temporarily gave up on GHQ back in the 70s and bought a lot of Heroics and Ros. Not sure where they are though; I can look around.

MH
Mark Hinds

madman
E5

Re: Looking for old Crusader Is and IIIs

Post by madman »

Be appreciated. Yes, they look different enough to relegate them to storage but they are some of the first minis and I really want to keep using them. Thank you.