? Release Schedule

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

Nepty
E5

? Release Schedule

Post by Nepty »

Will GHQ have a 2022/2023 release schedule?

Hoth_902
E5

Re: ? Release Schedule

Post by Hoth_902 »

I was just thinking the same thing. I was also thinking that some of the releases should have come out already.. There should have been two releases already.
Quantity has a Quality all its own.

http://warriorbear.weebly.com/

cinctim

Post by cinctim »

See below, this page, titled NEW LIST FOR UPCOMING YEAR, by panzergator, from August 20th...
While GHQ has a list of upcoming releases, they are in Batches, rather than as the various month end releases,
they've had for decades, probably because of the recent production problems and they are not quite sure when
all the 'batch' components will be ready to be released. Just my opinion/

E5

Post by 7.62 »

First new batch are up!
All look great, thank you GHQ.

Gazza
E5

Post by Gazza »

7.62 wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:31 am
First new batch are up!
Damn! I was hoping that the Churchill IV was a typo and it was actually a Churchil VI. I really could do with a 95mm howitzer version. Still, it, along with the Sherman, looks good.

<edit> Oops! I mixed up the IV and VI. :oops: Not sure if that's dyslexia or dyscalculia or just me not being careful - probably the latter.

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Hi Gazza

I think, if you want the 95mm version, that would actually be the Churchill V. I do hope that GHQ does produce this version in the not too distant future as well.

I am happy that the Churchill VI was actually the Churchill IV. I contacted GHQ about this very thing and was informed that it was indeed a typo. The IV was the most widely produced of the Churchill types and Russia received close to 200 of them and roughly the same number of Churchill IIIs give or take. They did see action at Kursk plus several other battles.

I have been doing some checking out of the various Churchill versions. GHQ now makes the Churchill III, IV, VII, plus the Crocodile and AVRE. The III and the IV are basically the same except that the III had a welded turret and the IV had a cast turret. The V was actually a IV with the 6 Lbr replaced by the 95mm howitzer but less than 200 were made. The VI was a somewhat improved IV that could take the 75mm gun but only 200 were produced before production switched to the VII which also incorporated the 75mm gun plus thicker armor.

I had to do my own checking to make sure I knew what version I was talking about. Hopefully this will clear things up .... maybe.

Gazza
E5

Post by Gazza »

pmskaar wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:21 pm
I think, if you want the 95mm version, that would actually be the Churchill V.
You are, of course, correct. I really should have checked myself before commenting. :oops:

A MK VIII to go along with the Mk VII would be nice as well

Gazza
E5

Post by Gazza »

Gazza wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:53 pm
pmskaar wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:21 pm
I think, if you want the 95mm version, that would actually be the Churchill V.
You are, of course, correct. I really should have checked myself before commenting. :oops:

A MK VIII to go along with the Mk VII would be nice as well.

The best option would have been a bonus 95mm turret in the Mk III, IV, and VII packs.

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Hi Gazza

If would be nice to include a 95mm turret in those other packs to be sure. I had suggested to GHQ one time about CS turrets for the A-9,A-10, A-13, and Crusader about making a pack with just the CS turrets or else adding one or two to a pack of those. If GHQ did come out with the 95mm Churchill V, I would buy some of those.