Question about Battle of Susangerd scenario

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

MTB

Question about Battle of Susangerd scenario

Post by MTB »

The GHQ scenario, "Sword of Allah! Battle of Susangerd", appears in the "Modern Micro Armor THE GAME", and revised in the January-February 2003 "TAC News". I will use the 2003 version since it is the most recent, though the same problem appears in both versions. Under the "special rules" section of the scenario it states, "Due to recent torrential rains, all non-aircraft stands' movement rates have been reduced. The weapons stats reflect this".

The problem is, there is nothing in the scenario that tells us about the movement reduction. A player can use the applicable Terrain Effects Chart in the rulebook and use the "mud terrain" movement rate.

Has this been addressed, and if so, what is the reduction?

Thanks, Mitch

microgeorge
E5

Re: Question about Battle of Susangerd scenario

Post by microgeorge »

MTB, looks as though the revised weapons stats were omitted from that TacNews. I would recommend using the mud movement rates in the Terrain Effects Chart. I played the original version of this scenario at Historicon and the revised version seems more historically accurate.

MTB

Post by MTB »

It is definitely more historically correct, especially the terrain.

Thanks for the response,
MTB

microgeorge
E5

Post by microgeorge »

You're most welcome. I'm part of a small group currently working on the 2nd edition of the modern rules. We're focusing on making it easier to play and decrease playing time without diverging too far from the game's basic mechanics.

MTB

Post by MTB »

Great. It does need some work. The revised WW2 rules cleaned-up that version. On a separate note, I'm not a fan of the overrun rules, especially in some of that terrain. In any case, I'll be looking forward to a new version. I'm actually in the credits of the current version..lol.

Thanks,
Mitch