Gazza's Stuff

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

redleg
E5

Re: Gazza's Stuff

Post by redleg »

That's awesome Gazza! Great comparison between the different models. Your armored infantry battalion is pretty spectacular! The vehicles look great, but to see them all laid out and organized like that is pretty inspiring!
Redleg's Website: micropope.webstarts.com

Mortis57
E5

Post by Mortis57 »

Despite having only just finished revamping my H&R US Armored Infantry Battalion, I've started on the Adler replacement figures.

Adler US Armored Infantry Company sans A/T Platoon. Adler Soviet Pioneers and SMG Companies lurking in the background.

Some Close-Ups

They still need touching up in a few places and coat of matt varnish.

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

Mortis, nice looking, really like the machine gun crews/stands.
Chris

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

Great looking infantry, Gazza!

Mortis57
E5

Post by Mortis57 »

Thanks chaps!

Something a little different (for me at least). Some Jordanian recce vehicles. They still need a coat of matt varnish.

Saladins

Saracens and Ferrets

More Ferrets

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Nice looking Jordanians, Gazza! Maybe one of these days I will do some Jordanians for the Six Day War but am currently trying to do some more Israelis and Egyptians for my Arab-Israeli Wars project. It is nice to see that the Jordanians are not forgotten.

Mortis57
E5

Post by Mortis57 »

Thanks, my Jordanians do double duty for both the 6 Days War and Yom Kippur.

Getting back to my usual subject - WWII.

Some more infantry. This time in foxholes. I really should try and convert some of the WIP into 2- and 4-man slit trenches.

Entrenched Germans

Company A

Company B

Company C

Work In Progress or at least most of it - looks like I trimmed off the bottom row.

I suspect that the bases in the WIP with the bushes on are actually finished and are intended for the BHQ and support company.

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

The entrenched infantry looks great, Gazza! Did you make these yourself or were these entrenched infantry already pre-molded? If you did these yourself can you tell us how you did it? Thanks!

Mortis57
E5

Post by Mortis57 »

pmskaar wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 10:57 pm
Did you make these yourself or were these entrenched infantry already pre-molded?
The latter! Adler do a small entrenched range. Just 3 options - individual soldiers in foxholes, MG 42 in LMG mode, and MG 42 in HMG mode.

I've considered doing some surgery on the individual infantry to make 2- and 4-man slit trenches as I mentioned earlier - but have yet to try!

I guess you could make your own entrenched infantry by using figures that are in a firing pose by amputating the figures below the arms / upper chest, gluing to a base, and then forming the taerrain around them.

<EDIT>
This is one of the individual infantrymen - although it's seen some paint stripper.

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

Those are very cool Gazza! You gotta try the trenches and post some pics!

Mortis57
E5

Post by Mortis57 »

redleg wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:19 am
You gotta try the trenches and post some pics!
First attempt - more a proof of concept than anything else. Just using some random spare figures.

I'm thinking that instead of just gluing the figures in the trenches that I could use inserts with the figures on. This has the added benefit that I can have both manned and unmanned trenches on the battlefield.

A 25x15mm card base with a slightly smaller piece of card on top with a hole cut out to form the trench.

A 20x5mm(ish) card strip with 4 butchered figures on.

The concept looks like it will work - fingers crossed!

Mortis57
E5

Post by Mortis57 »

A little later...

The base has been given a coat of filler - it may need to be built up slightly to give a greater illusion of depth to the trench.

The infantry insert has been given a black undercoat.

Mortis57
E5

Post by Mortis57 »

I started a project that is related to the entrenched infantry about a year or so ago. It started as a way of giving the entrenched elements a degree of overhead cover, but developed into wooden bunkers of sorts. They're made from wooden cocktail sticks but I've only built about 6 so far and have yet to get around to painting them.

Here's a few photos of one of them

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

That is a very good idea, Gazza. I was thinking along those lines when considering the possibility of doing my own entrenched GHQ infantry one of these days.

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

That's awesome Gazza! the trenches and the bunkers both look great! I can't wait to see the trenches when they are finished!