Gazza's Stuff

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

chrisswim
E5

Re: Gazza's Stuff

Post by chrisswim »

Those infantry look great!
Very nice.
Chris

rhabstclair

Post by rhabstclair »

Great job, Gazza!

Questions: which brand are those infantry and how are you taking such good pics? Not an iPhone I’m guessing…

Mortis57
E5

Post by Mortis57 »

Thanks chaps!
rhabstclair wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:17 am
Questions: which brand are those infantry and how are you taking such good pics? Not an iPhone I’m guessing…
The infantry are by Adler Miniatures. Unfortunately due to the owner's age he's phasing out his 6mm ranges (amongst others). Hopefully someone else will pick them up.

As for taking the photos, it's not an iPhone no. I currently use a hand held Google Pixel 7a phone - so nothing fancy. I do try to brace my wrists against the desk to try and prevent too much shaking but I'm not always successful. There's a number of photos here that are out of focus for example.

A small update...

Some time back I posted the first of my US Armored Infantry Companies sans the anti-tank platoon. Well, I finally got around to ordering both the guns (H&R) and the crews (Adler) and have finished painting them up. I just need to do the infantry elements from the other two companies, BHQ, and support company - I did the vehicles awhile back. The Adler infantry will be replacing the old style H&R infantry (which might be the start of a second Combat Command).

US Armored Infantry Battalion - A Company - M1 Anti-tank gun Platoon

Close-up of M! Anti-Tank Gun

E5

Post by 7.62 »

Beautiful work on the figures.

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

Great looking guns and crews Gazza!
Redleg's Website: micropope.webstarts.com

Mortis57
E5

Post by Mortis57 »

I rearranged the drawers of my (and others) micro aircraft and then took a 'few' photos. As there's 101 photos in total, instead of embedding the photos as images here I've decided to just give a link to the album that they're in - https://ibb.co/album/6cHndK

Although most of the aircraft are mine, I must point out those owned by other people. The early WWII RAF, desert Hs 129s, and most of the USN aircraft belong to Ian Sanderson (Although I painted them for him). All the post WWII RAF and some of the WWII RAF aircraft belong to Keith Jones (and were painted by him). There's also some models that just belong to 'the club'.

Hopefully, I've correctly identified the the various ownerships in the filenames.
Last edited by Mortis57 on Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mortis57
E5

Post by Mortis57 »

Now that I've finished the (Adler) US Airborne Battalion for a friend, I've turned my attention back to my (Adler) US Armored Infantry Battalion.
I'd already finished one company (sans the anti-tank platoon - although as seen from the photos a few days back I've since finished that platoon) before starting the Airborne. I've completed the second company (along with it's anti-tank platoon). So I'm, currently two companies down, with one (plus the BHQ and supports) to go. There's also a battery of 4x 81mm mortars (for a motorized infantry battalion) on the go as well. Lurking in one of the finished companies is a battery of 4 Land Mattress for my Brits and a few 57mm anti-tank guns in the towed configuration.

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

That's a very impressive unit Gazza!

Mortis57
E5

Post by Mortis57 »

Thank you, here's a quick update.

I've now finished the Armored Infantry's BHQ and Support Company - in addition to the two previously completed companies. Just the third company to complete.

I'm also planning on a Motorized Infantry Battalion. However, for a scenario, I needed a few 81mm mortars which is why they got painted first.

US Armored Infantry BHQ and Support Company Infantry Stands

Overview

Command Elements

30 Cals

50 Cals

[WIP]81mm Mortars of Motorized Battalion
They still need a coat of matt varnish here. I've since varnished them but they're still drying (enamel!)

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

That's a great looking battalion Gazza! I particularly love the mortars. You can never have too many mortars!

Mortis57
E5

Post by Mortis57 »

redleg wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:52 pm
That's a great looking battalion Gazza! I particularly love the mortars.
Thank you.
You can never have too many mortars!
Hmmm! Are you sure about that? (LM= circa 50-60mm, MM= circa 80mm, HM= circa 120mm)
Although that 18 Heavy German Mortars is wrong, it should read 20. 4 each for 5 of my 6 Panzer Grenadier Battalions - I may have a few more ready to paint. I also have some Russian heavy mortars thats I really should get around to painting.

Mortis57
E5

Post by Mortis57 »

I've finally finished Company C of my Adler US Armored Infantry Battalion. Although I do have separate Bazooka teams that I intend to do to go with it - just in case a player wishes to detach them from the infantry squads for one reason or another.

US Armored Infantry Battalion

Battalion Overview
With some mortars from the Motorized Battalion lurking at the top-left.

BHQ
Infantry elements for the BHQ and Support Company.

Company A

Company B

Company C

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

Great looking battalion, Gazza!

Mortis57
E5

Post by Mortis57 »

Thank you!

There's still a few things that need painting to add a couple of options.

US Armored Battalion - Optional Stuff

.30cal MGs moving and Infantry Elements
I have enough Adler .30cal MGs advancing for all the deployed .30cals in my battalion.
According to the army lists I'm using the crews of the 57mm Anti-tank Guns were sometimes used in an infantry role. So I've based up some spare infantry figures to represent this option. It's a shame Adler don't offer an advancing .50 cal team too.

Deployed and Advancing Bazooka teams
Although each of the battalion's infantry squads has an integral Bazooka, I thought I'd paint up some separate teams just in case a player wants to detach some. The three to the bottom right are H&R rather than Adler. I don't have enough to detach them all - I thought I had more but on closer examination they turned out to be Panzershreck teams - Oops!

Those pesky Panzershreck teams
The 24 to the left are Adler whilst the rest are H&R.

<EDIT>
I found a few more moving Bazooka teams that I'd put to one side because they'd lost the bazooka from the figure's back. I may try to fashiion them out of a bit a thin pastic rod. I've also rebased the moving teams to the same size base as the deployed teams.

Mortis57
E5

Post by Mortis57 »

A couple of British/Commonwealth items.

Overview

Chevrolet 30cwt Trucks
Towing vehicles for my Land Mattress Unit

Indian Karrier KT4 FATs
Not used (to my knowledge) in NW Europe but the Indian 4th Infantry Division (at least) used them in Italy. Twelve is enough to replace the Morris C8s in one of my two towed 25pdr Batteries.

The two models are by H&R; paints are by Vallejo, Humbrol, and Games Workshop; Allied Stars by I-94.