AN OPEN VOTE ON THE FUTURE OF KARMANASKIS

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

Brigade Commander
E5

Re: AN OPEN VOTE ON THE FUTURE OF KARMANASKIS

Post by Brigade Commander »

I am going to have to go with West. When you say East it seems there is a more limited range of choices. I am prepared to be wrong. Or maybe that would be the attraction. Back before I let my feet get swept away and headed toward, for all I know if I live that long, ending up modeling the whole 3rd AD I toyed with doing a "European" Brigade. Picking one of the smaller European states and making up a brigade, in the US sense, but with European equipment. How long ago was that? The modern version of the Leopard was probably 1-A17 or something like that. :)

Which means you will probably go East. I am just not sure in my mind there is enough Indian, Japanese and Korean equipment there in everything except MBTs, IFVs and SPHs. I am not sure if you model mortar tracks, supply vehicles (straight trucks and tractor-trailers), engineer equipment, radar vehicles, command vehicles, recovery vehicles. Even the ubiquitous Jeep / HMMWV variant. Also, scout, troop and attack helicopters. Yes, I am 1:1 and have to think of all of these things.

But it is your world. And I respect that. So, as I have noted and you echoed, go and have fun. Since I have just participated, slightly, in the imagi-nations world now I am going to have to watch yours as it sets off on a path and grows. I will (im)patiently await the updates.

Edit: And as I said above I respect that. And there will be no ridicule from me. We all indulge our dreams here of modeling a small piece of the world to be in our homes.
"It is a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the road and, if you do not keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to."

Bilbo Baggins to Frodo Baggins.

panzergator
E5

Post by panzergator »

I vote west.

I put my money where my mouth is. Gator State follows Western TOE, equipment, and doctrine.
All blessings flow from a good mission statement.
Pogo was right. So was Ike.
"A Gentleman is a man who is only rude intentionally." (Churchill)
Give credit. Take responsibility.

Mortis57
E5

Post by Mortis57 »

Rather than East or West, with the rise of 3d printing some Imagi-nations could opt for indigenous designs ;-)

E5

Post by 7.62 »

panzergator wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:46 pm
I vote west.
Danke, confirmed for West.

Brigade Commander, also confirmed for West.

You guys and others are my heroes when it comes to rounding out the units. I plan to cover the support and logistics the best I can either way.
I do not own a 3d printer but I do have occasional access to one.
Which ever East or West generic G/S truck I need, I plan to get a bunch printed so as to fill out the supporting roles with something.

I have always said the biggest force multiplier on the modern battlefield is an ambulance or a fuel truck.
Cheers.

Mortis57, That option is very, very tempting and I do not rule it out for the odd one or revamp of East/West kit.
For now with so many what-if's around I will limit myself to what has been built,flown or set to sea.
If I have to go West my favourite MBT right now has to be the K2PL.
I keep finding my way to Nash88's beautiful model on page 2 here and just wowing over it lol.
Thanks.

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

I vote that you go East for old Soviet Equipment.

Splod
E5

Post by Splod »

7.62 wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:29 pm
We need to see more of your Nation Splod.
Im neck deep in essays currently, which means all I want to do is play with toy soldiers :lol:

When this next paper is in I'll try and get some of my thoughts on the DST/DAR on paper.
Little Metal Men: A story of a distracted wargamer

“A learning experience is one of those things that says, 'You know that thing you just did? Don't do that.”
- Douglas Adams

E5

Post by 7.62 »

Thank you Mech, thats another East (for old Soviet).
I reserve the right to modernise :lol:

E5

Post by 7.62 »

12.00 MST and the vote is closed. :D :shock:

West- redleg, Brigade Commander, Panzer.

East- Hoth, CofC, Splod, Mech.

The future belongs to the East...........Mwahahaha Muahahahaha!!!!!!!

E5

Post by 7.62 »

Mortis57 wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:19 am
Rather than East or West, with the rise of 3d printing some Imagi-nations could opt for indigenous designs ;-)
This suggestion is causing vigorous debate and some division in Karmanaskis, even delaying some major programs!
Simple trials of pewter swapping is showing some very interesting results.

There is a strong rejection in Karma of the actions of both Eastern and Western influences within the Imagi-Nation World in the last little while.
The support for nonalignment and independent solutions is growing.

E5

Post by 7.62 »

And so the pivot to the East has started :!: