2023-2024 new releases

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

whoa Mohamed
E5

2023-2024 new releases

Post by whoa Mohamed »

Very happy when I got the E-Mail.
Almost the entire Australian modern navy.
Canberra
Hobart
Anzac
Choules
Supply
Very pleased that GHQ is producing support ships along with surface combatants.
Maybe next year we will see South Korean fleet.
every man for all mens rights
all men for every mans rights

whenimaginationfails
E5

Re: 2023-2024 new releases

Post by whenimaginationfails »

1:285/6mm Scale

MODERN ARMOUR

Russia
9K52 Luna-M on the ZiL-135

Ukraine
BTR-3
M-55 S
T-64 BV

US
M-SHORAD Stryker
CUCV—Commercial Utility Cargo Vehicle
(Chevrolet, or Dodge probably VAMPIRE mounted in CUCV)

UK
Mastiff with Choker mine roller

France
Dassault Alpha Jet MS1

South Korea
K-SAM Pegasus

Sweden
Stridsvagn 122 MBT

India
Arjun Mk.1 MBT
Vijayanta MBT
NAMICA on BMP-2
BMP-2 mortar carrier

Poland
WZT-3M

China
PCL-09 howitzer on SX2150 truck

Japan
Type 87 RCV

Finland
XA-180 Patria Pasi
XA-181 Patria Pasi with Crotale missiles

WWII ARMOUR

Russia
9K52 Luna-M on the ZiL-135

UK
LCS(M)–Landing Craft Support (Medium)
Marmon Harrington Mk. IV
Bristol Beaufighter

Russia
Voroshilovets tracked truck

Japan
Su-Ki amphibious truck

Italy
Breda Ba. 65 ground attack

US
M3 towed 105mm howitzer
LCP(L)—Landing Craft Personal (Large)

1:2400 Scale MICRONAUTS

WWI UK
BB Majestic class
DD Laforey class—aka L-Class

WWI Italy
DD Indomito class

WWII UK
CA York

WWII US
CA-36 Minneapolis

WWII IJN
Akatsuki class destroyers

Modern Australia
L02 Canberra
DDG 39 Hobart
FFH 150 Anzac
Supply A195
L100 Choules

whenimaginationfails
E5

whoa Mohamed wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:24 pm
Almost the entire Australian modern navy.
Very pleased that GHQ is producing support ships along with surface combatants.
Maybe next year we will see South Korean fleet.
3 Taiwanese and 2 US last year and 5 Australian this year. Quite the change in approach. Perhaps a trend.

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

CUCVs Sweet as Canada does use them. Sadly no Modern RCN ships yet.

Splod
E5

Post by Splod »

whenimaginationfails wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:31 pm
3 Taiwanese and 2 US last year and 5 Australian this year. Quite the change in approach. Perhaps a trend.
I wish they'd have the same approach with Microarmour. I really struggle with the dribs and drabs approach of recent years; I'd much rather see a dozen releases for a specific conflict over a 12-month period than only one release with nothing further for two or three years.
Little Metal Men: A story of a distracted wargamer

“A learning experience is one of those things that says, 'You know that thing you just did? Don't do that.”
- Douglas Adams

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

Yea when will Canada get a massive release of Microarmor?

whenimaginationfails
E5

Splod wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:07 am
Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:31 pm
I wish they'd have the same approach with Microarmour. I really struggle with the dribs and drabs approach of recent years; I'd much rather see a dozen releases for a specific conflict over a 12-month period than only one release with nothing further for two or three years.
I agree. However, GHQ has such a large selection that folks who want a few pieces to complete their units would likely feel left out when their kit didn't make that year's cut. Been waiting for uparmored Israeli M113s for a long time. ;-) In Modern Microarmor, we saw a bunch of bunch of new Taiwanese vehicles appear in the last year or two to add to all of the other US vehicles/artillery that Taiwan has. So sometimes it happens in smaller lots.

It would be helpful if GHQ at least released figures with a theme. Modern Chinese Motorized company/battalion, for example. AIFV, Tank, Specialty Anti-Tank vehicle, recon vehicle/softskin, air defense vehicle, mortar vehicle, artillery and truck. Or some variation like that. As you noted, that way you get all you need in one go (or two releases) rather than getting a few figures and waiting years to complete the unit.

Another company's WW3 line uses this approach. They have released a bunch of Scandinavian vehicles of late and I see several announcements on social media. Their output is still small compared to GHQ, but their customer engagement is higher.

STS

Post by STS »

Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:23 pm
1:285/6mm Scale

France
Dassault Alpha Jet MS1
YES! This one has been on my whish list forever, and I didn't think I'd ever see it happening. I haven't ordered much GHQ in the past few months, but the a few "Luftmofa" (air moped) are going to be a must-have for me. Really looking forward to them
Mon Aug 28, 2023 5:52 am

It would be helpful if GHQ at least released figures with a theme. Modern Chinese Motorized company/battalion, for example. AIFV, Tank, Specialty Anti-Tank vehicle, recon vehicle/softskin, air defense vehicle, mortar vehicle, artillery and truck. Or some variation like that. As you noted, that way you get all you need in one go (or two releases) rather than getting a few figures and waiting years to complete the unit.
Same thing with their sales. Those "web special discounts" aren't really all that attractive, as they usually only feature one single model per lineup, which isn't worth an order for me.

Now if they were to have themed sales, like the country-specific previews we're occasionally getting by mail, that would be way more attractive.

whenimaginationfails
E5

STS wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 6:31 pm
Same thing with their sales. Those "web special discounts" aren't really all that attractive, as they usually only feature one single model per lineup, which isn't worth an order for me.

Now if they were to have themed sales, like the country-specific previews we're occasionally getting by mail, that would be way more attractive.
It could be tied to when they send out a "here are the figures for country X" email. Not sure their website can handle that approach, but I would expect the discount to be between 15 and 36% since they could expect larger orders. The 36% discount is because they are only likely offering it on a few packs a particular customer is likely to want and it makes up for the shipping. It is helpful when you want multiple packs of something.

ww2navyguy
E5

Post by ww2navyguy »

I can't wait to get the WW2 Japanese Akatsuki class destroyers! That has been on the top of my list for new Micronauts for years and years. So happy to see it is on this new release list! Thanks GHQ! :D

cinctim

Post by cinctim »

Hopefully GHQ goes with a 4 count package, for them, since from what I know, there
were only the I.J.N. Akatsuki, Hibiki, Ikazuchi & Inadzuma in the class. Would make sense,
even if the cost is more, as then we won't have to figure out what to do with 2 extra hulls,
if sold in the traditional 3 count blister packages.

Brutzel
E5

Post by Brutzel »

:(

US
M-SHORAD Stryker
CUCV—Commercial Utility Cargo Vehicle
(Chevrolet, or Dodge probably VAMPIRE mounted in CUCV)

2023-24 is going to be one hell of a cheap year for me. I'm only interested in two models on the entire list.

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Not much for me on the list for the coming year I'm afraid. Probably the Voroshivolets tracked truck, the Breda ground attack and the Japanese Akatsuki destroyer. I am not planning to do any invasion scenarios so will not be needing the landing craft.

I would have liked to see some infantry or heavy weapons of some type but not this time. On the bright side, I have plenty to do with what I have. The last couple years have seen some of my micro armor wishes fulfilled so I will work on getting some of those things done.

Hoth_902
E5

Post by Hoth_902 »

I have to agree with people, not much that I "NEED" but still a thing or two I will buy. Definitely need the Stryker SHORADs and the CUCV vehicles.. However, much to GHQs joy, since I am buying the Stryker SHORADs I might as well buy some Stryker Engineering vehicles... LOL. I could be persuaded to buy a few packs of the Type 87 RCV. I bought some Japanese Tanks and IFVs a way back, so they definitely need some recon vehicles. We shall see how the year shapes up.
Quantity has a Quality all its own.

http://warriorbear.weebly.com/

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

Hoth_902 wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:44 pm
I have to agree with people, not much that I "NEED" but still a thing or two I will buy. Definitely need the Stryker SHORADs and the CUCV vehicles.. However, much to GHQs joy, since I am buying the Stryker SHORADs I might as well buy some Stryker Engineering vehicles... LOL. I could be persuaded to buy a few packs of the Type 87 RCV. I bought some Japanese Tanks and IFVs a way back, so they definitely need some recon vehicles. We shall see how the year shapes up.
I wonder which version of the CUCVs will they use? as they have been around since the 1970s Im hoping for late 70s to early 80s GMC pick up trucks.