2023-24 New Release Schedule

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

Olfarty

Re: 2023-24 New Release Schedule

Post by Olfarty »

One particular stand out (for me at least) amongst the new releases - the LCS(M) ie. Landing Craft Support (Medium). In particular it is the Mark 3, which by 06Jun44 were operating in reasonably large numbers. Although mainly operated in the Juno & Gold sectors, at least 2 LCS(M) Mk3's were employed in the Omaha area - both supporting the Ranger landing at Pointe Du Hoc > No. 91 (sunk) & No. 102 (damaged)

I was slightly worried that GHQ would come up with the earlier LCS(M) MK 2, of which a grand total of just 9 were built. However we have the Mk3. Great!

Splod
E5

Post by Splod »

cinctim wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:34 am
Batch 3 is up and all with pictures!
Couple of interesting pieces. The T-64BV is really useful for people doing the ongoing war in Ukraine.

I have to wonder sometimes about the logic behind GHQ's releases. Did anyone actually ask for a rare SP ATGM operated by only one nation that isn't up for export and is yet to see combat? Surely there were literally thousands of other vehicles that would have greater appeal and make more commercial sense?
Little Metal Men: A story of a distracted wargamer

“A learning experience is one of those things that says, 'You know that thing you just did? Don't do that.”
- Douglas Adams

panzergator
E5

Post by panzergator »

Lackluster choice of vehicles. Wrong CUCV chosen for early release. With all the possibilities of more significant vehicles why are oddities so prominent?
All blessings flow from a good mission statement.
Pogo was right. So was Ike.
"A Gentleman is a man who is only rude intentionally." (Churchill)
Give credit. Take responsibility.

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

I was hoping for a different CUCV configuration as well. I will probably still get a pack or two of them for range control.
Redleg's Website: micropope.webstarts.com

BenfromBrooklyn
E5

Post by BenfromBrooklyn »

I would have like the Chevy Blazer version of the CUCV. I think it would have done well to expand the range of models. There is already a pickup model (the toyota) that can be used as a universal stand in, but nothing that can stand in for the SUV's that are widely used.

I don't mind the NAMICA at all. Yes, it is a rare vehicle, but on the other hand, besides the tanks, there isn't anything distinctly Indian. If you want a modern Indian force with some signature Indian equipment it's essential. Besides, while the Arjun tank is also distinctly India, it is rare. More common to see T-72s or even the T90s- but neither of those are distinctly India. So you can put down a unit with Namica's on the table and say look, this is Indian, see, Namicas!

Cav Dog
E5

Post by Cav Dog »

I agree on the choice of the CUCV - would've liked to have a mixed pack with 3 Blazers and 3 P/Us. Or 3/2 if it is too expensive to have six small models in a pack...
Tactics are the opinion of the senior officer present.

panzergator
E5

Post by panzergator »

The CUCV I saw most on active duty in the 70s was the SUV version - hard top over bed. The pickups were rare. Divisional MP companies had them, so there were a lot of 'em running around. Pickups, not so much. Maybe others had a different experience.
All blessings flow from a good mission statement.
Pogo was right. So was Ike.
"A Gentleman is a man who is only rude intentionally." (Churchill)
Give credit. Take responsibility.

Cav Dog
E5

Post by Cav Dog »

IIRC the CO and XO had SUVs and the 1SG and each platoon had a pick up, but we were Air Cav so may not have been common with non aviation units. If they do offer the SUV variant, make certain they mold it without a back window!
Tactics are the opinion of the senior officer present.