1/2" hexes?

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

cabin4clw
E5

1/2" hexes?

Post by cabin4clw »

Are these 1/2" hexes available? I could not find them in the online catalogue.

pmskaar
E5

Re: 1/2" hexes?

Post by pmskaar »

That is a good question. Hopefully GHQ did not decide to discontinue this without notifying us ahead of time. I have lots of Terrain Maker that is done but can always use more 1/2" hexes which are the base ones for the whole set. Hopefully this is just an oversight.

GHQ
Site Admin

Post by GHQ »

We had a great supplier for the hexes that we used for over 30 years. That company was purchased by a larger company, they had some internal shuffling, and the end result was that we could no longer get hexes of any size from them. We have inquired with quite a few companies about having some hexes made for us, and finding a company that will supply quality hexes at a price that makes selling Terrain Maker economically feasible is not easy. The good news is that after months of searching, we believe that we have found a solution. We have had sample hexes produced, they look great, we put in an order, and hopefully will have the 1/2" hexes listed on our website again in a few weeks.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you for your support,
GHQ

Hoth_902
E5

Post by Hoth_902 »

GHQ,

Though I do not use the 1/2 hexes, or any terrain maker, I want to give you a shout out on your unparalleled customer Service and your dedication to your customer Base. You are an awesome company and do my best to support you with every chance I get. Thank you for keeping this product and others alive.

Hoth_902
Quantity has a Quality all its own.

http://warriorbear.weebly.com/

BurtWolf
E5

Post by BurtWolf »

Wow! All my stuff is GHQ hex based so this would be tough if you did not make/sell them any more! Thanks for finding another supplier (I better stock up)!

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

That is great news, GHQ! I have been a fan of GHQ Terrain Maker for years and have 3 sets but have been adding more pieces over the years. I love the product and will purchase more in the future. The 1/2" hexes of course are the ones that I use the most.

It is too bad the original supplier can no longer be making these but hopefully the new supplier can continue to make a high quality product.

Here are a couple pictures from my Terrain Maker layouts.

My desert layout from a game on October 21st of this year. This is for North Africa 1942. My Cruisin' for a Bruisin' scenario.

Here is a picture of my European summer terrain configured for the Russian Front for a 1943. I ran the game as a solo game for a Mein Panzer tutorial.