foxbat's stuff. last update 04/22/2024

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

foxbat
E5

Re: foxbat's stuff. last update 01/03/2024

Post by foxbat »

Pete, these are great! I noticed the Balkenkreutze on the Lutzow Arado, wow! Your work is also a source for me, just finishing a batch of Dutch DDs, and I didn't look further than that :wink:

redleg, the labels are easy to do, Thay're actually Excel files, I just copy a flag, rework & resize it with Paint, and paste it in the frame. Bases are from a UK retailer, Warbases. I used to buy from Litko, but customs & shipping have gone insane over the year. A pity, since Litko is IMO better as their bases a twice as thin (less of the pesky refraction with them) :mrgreen:

ww2navyguy
E5

Post by ww2navyguy »

Foxbat,
Terrific painting work on your GHQ ships! Thank you for posting them for us to see.

I always enjoy seeing your work.

Looking forward to seeing more of you finished models.

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Thanks very much, Foxbat! Do you have more ships in the works?

foxbat
E5

Post by foxbat »

After a bit of a hiatus - well, not feeling like painting minis for a time - I've resumed work, and I'm happy to post my Big Mo. The GHQ model is really very detailed, and I can but pity any Japanese flyer tasked to taking on this porcupine bristling with AA guns. I may have missed one or two, but that's at least 15 Bofors 40mm mounts I counted, notwithsanding the 10 double barrelled 5" turrets... The ship is - approximately - painted in the scheme it displayed as Halsey's flagship and at the surrender of Japan.

redleg
E5

Re: foxbat's stuff. last update 04/22/2024

Post by redleg »

That looks amazing Foxbat! Do you get that effect from painting, washing, and dry brushing? Or do you have some secret technique? I wish I could paint ships like that - it's beautiful!
Redleg's Website: micropope.webstarts.com

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Excellent work, Foxbat! It is great to see you posting again. The Missouri looks great! I know what it is like to not always be in the mood for painting.

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

Foxbat, excellent looking BB.
Chris