Army Uniform Alphabet Soup

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

redleg
E5

Re: Army Uniform Alphabet Soup

Post by redleg »

panzergator wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:48 pm
Redleg,

The floordoes, indeed, give it away. Lived in US Government stairwell apartment two of four tours, but that herring one pattern is generally popular in civilian buildings, too. The window, the curtain, the floor, all scream location.

I actually liked the stairwell apartments. They were very well designed for the small space. We moved from a 4900-square-foot place built in 1889 at Fort Riley to a 1200-sq-ft place in Wurzburg. We were a little compressed, but it was quite comfortable.
Where were you in Wurzburg? We lived in a stairwell apartment there too. We were in the Lincoln Housing Area - it was 6 building on Rottendorfer Strasse right outside the main gate of Leighton barracks. We were right around the corner from the hospital. I loved living there!
Redleg's Website: micropope.webstarts.com

panzergator
E5

Re: Army Uniform Alphabet Soup

Post by panzergator »

We lived in Lincoln - 2nd building going up the hill, stairwell farthest from the road, playground end. The place wasn't fenced off like it was after 9/11. Go in our stairwell first floor to the left. The new PX Auxiliary had just opened. '93-'97. 3ID was there when we got there, Red flagged as 1ID soon after our arrival. Grannies could be found dead along the road still. We had a good group between the folks in our building and the one facing us.

My previous stairwell was in Boblingen, '55-'57.

Both were great experiences.
All blessings flow from a good mission statement.
Pogo was right. So was Ike.
"A Gentleman is a man who is only rude intentionally." (Churchill)
Give credit. Take responsibility.