Olfarty's strictly WW2 extravaganza

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

redleg
E5

Re: Olfarty's strictly WW2 extravaganza

Post by redleg »

Those are spectacular Olfarty! I'm blown away by all your modifications and kit bashing!
Redleg's Website: micropope.webstarts.com

Olfarty

Post by Olfarty »

Thanks Redleg.

Just for info, most of the material I use for scratchbuilding is from the fantastic Evergreen range ie. styrene sheet, rod & strip. Dare I say it, I love the smell of styrene in the morning... :roll:

BurtWolf
E5

Post by BurtWolf »

Wow I love your stuff, always gets my eye seeing scratch built stuff … especially on more unusual variants! Having tried some scratch building I know it’s not easy and you have done it really well. Especially like those Bren carriers!

Keep posting, thanks for sharing!

Olfarty

Post by Olfarty »

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

That's a great shot with the key, Olfarty! Your conversions are fantastic, and even more impressive when you can see just how small they are!
Redleg's Website: micropope.webstarts.com

Olfarty

Post by Olfarty »

redleg wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 6:54 am
That's a great shot with the key, Olfarty! Your conversions are fantastic, and even more impressive when you can see just how small they are!
I thought a comparison might be illuminating. If you look closely you'll see that each of the side wading trunks on the AVRE Bobbin consists of eight pieces > including .25mm x.25mm square rod (from Plastruct). Freakin fiddly to put together!

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Those specialty vehicles look great, Olfarty! I love the extra details that you put on them.

BurtWolf
E5

Post by BurtWolf »

I can only imagine your patience - having worked with plastistruct I know it’s finicky. I found it hard to make small enough parts that could survive cyanoacrylate glue…. Great job!!

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

Olfarty,
Those are great! Look superb!
Chris

Olfarty

Post by Olfarty »

BurtWolf wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 2:00 am
I can only imagine your patience - having worked with plastistruct I know it’s finicky. I found it hard to make small enough parts that could survive cyanoacrylate glue…. Great job!!
Yep it's very tricky working with tiny pieces of plastic, a miniscule amount too much glue will turn any piece into mush. There are lots of failures!

I use a cyanoacrylate glue to attach plastic to pewter, however, where I can I use Revell's contacta professional glue on plastic.