Game in South Bend

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

jb
E5

Game in South Bend

Post by jb »

...it was a good feeling to shoot up a bunch of allied stuff Saturday. I would like to thank fullmetaljacket and all his wonderful friends for that opportunity. I'm not sure but I think I shot up close to ten tanks,a few ACs,jeeps,and caused some platoons to morale failure... when we gonna do it again? :D
P.S. those panzerfausts/panzerschrecks are still very deadly against armour in the woods... 8)
John

fullmetaljacket
E5

Post by fullmetaljacket »

it was a great time JB and as soon as Reid gets me the pics i will host them on here. Also what JB isnt telling you all is that we went up against all Panther G's and a platoon of Tigers. The allies best tank was a M10. but a few more turns i think we would have taken the town and the bridge heads. Any way look forward to more games in the future JB and the rest of the bunch.

FMJ

Pitfall
E5

Post by Pitfall »

Was anything decided about the campaign? Don't forget to make up stats for the Italian stuff!
I wish I had something witty to say...

jb
E5

Post by jb »

Pitfall wrote:Was anything decided about the campaign? Don't forget to make up stats for the Italian stuff!
...you know we came down there 50% for that reason. We didn't discuss too much,or actually not enough that mattered. I think Kevin said something about the first week of August...
The Italian stats will be done.
Last edited by jb on Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
John

Pitfall
E5

Post by Pitfall »

Well, we'll just have to arrange another game in early July to get the all the details worked out!
I wish I had something witty to say...

jb
E5

Post by jb »

Pitfall wrote:Well, we'll just have to arrange another game in early July to get the all the details worked out!
I would like to ,but don't know if I will make it that soon again.
I've got to mention about the effect that Saturdays game had upon me. It was so "theraputic" that I am having a really good time at work the last couple of days. I believe that wargaming takes stress off of everyday hassles. I was roomanating the last few days about the battle. I kept going back to how my Panthers would take the enemy under fire and then move to another position,and do it all over again ,and again... Also I would think about how I was keeping my Tigers from getting completely destroyed,seeings how they are the slowest moving thing on the field.
Oh,and the poor infantry stuck in those woods keeping the allies from taking the bridge ( even though the bridge didn't matter anymore ,because the bridge was outflanked)
Wow,some people pay money for illegal drugs to feel like this (I think) :shock: 8) :lol: :P
John

BlackDragon

Post by BlackDragon »

Hail the Shrapnel King

fullmetaljacket
E5

Post by fullmetaljacket »

oh great the shaprel King is here or is that another player besides reid? Any way i will be sending out a email most likely the 2nd or 3 rd week of july. Also JB if you all want to host someting some time let us know i can drive and 3 others can ride with me. It was fun, but i was thinking also that I wish i would have done what i wanted to first off use 20 or so shermans and screen the panthers why the rest and the infantry colum rolled into town and then let you all come root us out of it. Oh well hindsight is 20/20. Talk to you all later.

FMJ

jb
E5

Post by jb »

fullmetaljacket wrote:oh great the shaprel King is here or is that another player besides reid? Any way i will be sending out a email most likely the 2nd or 3 rd week of july. Also JB if you all want to host someting some time let us know i can drive and 3 others can ride with me. It was fun, but i was thinking also that I wish i would have done what i wanted to first off use 20 or so shermans and screen the panthers why the rest and the infantry colum rolled into town and then let you all come root us out of it. Oh well hindsight is 20/20. Talk to you all later.

FMJ
...thats why I prefer the map (campaign) style. You wouldn't have known our true strength,or really our lack of sufficient infantry, without first sending in a recon force...
This is when the chits that Mk1 uses would work. But I still hate the look of all those chits on the table...
John