My Gripe

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

JMac

My Gripe

Post by JMac »

There is a definite lack of german ww2 personnel vehicles. As a general rule 3 out of 4 panzergrenadier battalions in a panzer division were motorised, not armoured. The Krupp Protze transporter is ok for the early war period. For mid war, It would be nice to get open top verions of the Opel Blitz. Also the Steyr L1500A cars from G97 command pack.

:roll:

Mk 1
E5

Post by Mk 1 »

Huh?

OK, you want an open-topped Opel, I can see adding it to the "Wish List". Fair enough, open-topped is a fun way to put some character(s) into your trucks.

But a gripe about a "definite lack"?

GHQ has not only the Opel Blitz and the Krupp Protze, but also the Bussing-Nag, the Daimler-Steyr, and the Einhartzdiesel. Then there is a delicious collection of command and commo, and recovery versions. If you hunger for more variety, you can also add some Renaults (used in reasonable numbers by the Wehrmacht), and even your choice of early-war Brit trucks (captured in reasonable numbers).

And you get a choice of three different horse-drawn wagons to boot!

OK, so the actual German truck-park was a veritable menagerie, and units often went off to war with a half-dozen different trucks in their stable. OK, a few more would be interesting. More is almost always better.

But a gripe? Oh puhleaze! :roll: :wink:
-Mark 1
Difficile est, saturam non scribere.
"It is hard NOT to write satire." - Decimus Iunius Juvenalis, 1st Century AD