Thank you for the tour GHQ!

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

cbovill
E5

Thank you for the tour GHQ!

Post by cbovill »

I was just in Minneapolis for a business conference and had the good fortune of being able to step away for a couple of hours to go see GHQ's factory there. If you are ever in Minneapolis I highly recommend you go see the mecca of wargames miniatures. Jim is a great tour guide and took my wife and I through the whole process from concept to sale. I was amazed to find out that they don't make a larger clay model and then convert that down to scale. They actually carve everything in the actual model scale!

Even after seeing how they do it, I still can't see how they do it so incredibly well! Of course my wife just thought the horsies were very cute (10mm Napoleonic Cavalry to the rest of us) and she wanted them to design women in bikinis as the soldiers are all so boring. I have to admit her idea would be a rather interesting addition to the battlefield and may require some special rules.

Think about this, these guys get to go to work to design, build, and sell miniatures every day - what a sweet job! So if you get up their way, definitely pop in and see how they do it!

Chris