Paper Terrain releases Micro-scale North African Buildings

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

jb
E5

Post by jb »

8ball wrote: I hope we haven't scared Scott away.
...and somebody else that has a great idea!!! I come to this forum to get ideas and products that relate to this scale. Now if you write reviews on something are you going to tell me how to get them...I hope so,just like I would tell you. GHQ doesn't sell "paper" buildings,I don't buy cast buildings anymore-I don't care to waist time painting them. I'm glad this thread appeared,this is what I come to this forum for. I know GHQ said prviously not to use web addy's...
So if you guys have a great idea on something new please ,are you going to PM the info? or what? are we going to now stagnate?
geees even GHQ is talking about 'oW on the forum and they sell rules,I think :?
John

WHM
E5

Post by WHM »

Frankly, I don't see anything wrong in letting Scott post his announcements here. If GHQ is cool then there is no problem. If GHQ wasn't I tend to think his original post would have been pulled awhile back. I suggest that GHQ be its own content police.

Think of it this way, GHQ may look at it as not only allowing a freind to make known his wares, but actually it serves as a inducement to purchace further GHQ products. The one does compliment the other.

Just my 2 cents worth.

As an aside, does anyone know how well the 10mm - 12mm compare in scale with microarmor?

8ball
E5

Post by 8ball »

Frankly, I don't see anything wrong in letting Scott post his announcements here. If GHQ is cool then there is no problem. If GHQ wasn't I tend to think his original post would have been pulled awhile back. I suggest that GHQ be its own content police.

Think of it this way, GHQ may look at it as not only allowing a freind to make known his wares, but actually it serves as a inducement to purchace further GHQ products. The one does compliment the other.

Just my 2 cents worth.

As an aside, does anyone know how well the 10mm - 12mm compare in scale with microarmor?
So then why not let CnC post their announcements here? Or Superior? Or Geohex? Or Kallystra? And as I indicated earlier, I think it inappropriate to expect GHQ to delete a topic such as this. They certainly have to be in a difficult position, being stuck between wanting to protect their product line and also not wanting to appear petty to their forum users.

I imagine that if GHQ is fine with this they will say so. If they don't, we owe it to them to follow the spirit of the law as closely as we can. If they think that Scott's, or anyone else's paper terrain will support their line, then I am sure they will post it here, or perhaps offer the line themselves, or provide a link from their catalogue page.

BTW, this ongoing discussion has to be giving this topic far more exposure than it would have had it been less controversial. Any publicity, is good publicity. :wink:

GHQ
Site Admin

Post by GHQ »

FYI, for the most part we think that the forum users police this type of situation very well. Due to the 4th of July falling midweek, we didn't notice this until after Scott had already posted a red-faced (literally) apology. For the record, we ask that there are no links to other manufacturers on the forum, and that commercial announcements from other companies are not posted here. As for discussing other companies products, we understand that that is part of the hobby. As someone pointed out, we occasionally mention other manufacturers in our postings, but we don't provide links to any of them. Because we provide, and pay for, this forum, we ask that everyone respect our wishes. Ever since this forum was launched we have always been very appreciative of the respectful and informative postings of the users. We thank all of you for all of your past and future postings that have made this forum all that it is.

Thank you,
GHQ