modern wargamer

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

rdenman62
E5

modern wargamer

Post by rdenman62 »

Hello everyone. New member here. I have been collecting micro armor for 30yrs on and off. I have played numerous rules sets over the years. I haven't done much of anything though in the last 5-6 years. I have followed this forum for the last few months and am amazed at the amount of info you can find here. At one time I believe I had well over 5000pcs of Soviet/US pieces. I now do not have quite that many. Sold alot to a hobby shop about 10 years ago, and now regret doing that. Oh well, live and learn I say. Anyways, I am coming back into the hobby and just wanted to find out what everyone is currently using as a rules set. I see some different ones posted on this forum, but just wanted to know the most popular I guess. I have GHQ micro armor the game and modern spearhead. I like them both but would like to take the best of each and combine into one. Anyone have a suggestion or comment? Thanks.
Peace thru superior firepower

6thompsons

Post by 6thompsons »

You've got two good ones there but you might want to look at the old Command Decision rules from GDW. CD is no longer in print but is available on ebay. Plus there are numerous free rules on the internet; see Web Grognards for a listing of some of these.
Regards,
Charlie T.

jb
E5

Re: modern wargamer

Post by jb »

rdenman62 wrote:Hello everyone. New member here. I have been collecting micro ... I have GHQ micro armor the game and modern spearhead. I like them both but would like to take the best of each and combine into one. Anyone have a suggestion or comment? Thanks.
...I use my own set "Panzertruppen" its not available to the public yet. So I can't really recommend that for you unless we get together or you get together with some of the people I have given the rules to.
My rules are strictly 1 for 1 scale and are geared for playing campaign type games using maps,topograghic or fictitious. The idea here is to have quick results on the tactical table without loosing realistic "flavor".
Anyways,we also have Mobius' game. He is a frequent on this forum and has FREE download rules that are concise. His rules are also 1 for 1 scale. There are also several others on this forum with rules.
I didn't bother to look and see where you are from,after posting this I might find out. If you are in the midwest we do put on games ,and you are more than welcome to join in.
I do hope the forum Gestapo doesn't catch this...
John

rdenman62
E5

Post by rdenman62 »

Thanks you guys......I went thru some boxes and found a copy of GDW Command Decision rules set..forgot I had them so went thru them and they seem to be a good set to play,,,,jb if you could I would be interested in that Panzertruppen set or a copy...Very interested in 1 to 1 games,,,,,by the way I am located in Michigan.
Rick
Peace thru superior firepower

fullmetaljacket
E5

Post by fullmetaljacket »

hey redman i sent you a PM me and JB and about 10 others game in 1 to 1 micro in the northern Indiana area. Send me a tell we try and take turns ie one time here next time at your place etc.... hope to hear from you.

FMJ