1:1 rules

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

DrBig
E5

1:1 rules

Post by DrBig »

Being that there is alot of interest in 1:1 rules, have do you guys know about this:?

thenorthman
E5

Post by thenorthman »

Another nice 1:1 rule set os MEIN PANZER by odgw games.

It is a very nice smooth flowing game. You can have up to 6 players (3 each side) and still not get bogged down. (I guess in reality there is no limit on how many players on each side but the more players you have sometimes it slows the game to much).

It has "Drop-in Modules" that if you want to start using Moral, or Command, etc. it fits smoothly into the game. It not like here is the basic game then here is the advance game. When you get that with rules somtimes the basic is VERY much different from the advance.

At any rate it is a very nice game.

Sean :D

Mobius
E5

Re: 1:1 rules

Post by Mobius »

="DrBig"Being that there is alot of interest in 1:1 rules, have do you guys know about this:?
Yes, that is a remake of the old Panzer by Yaquinto games. I have a friend who still plays the old game. Unlike the old game which is a plot movement type game that has simultaneous turns this new version is faster but is IgoUgo. Both games are very detailed.
All your tanks are belong to us.
Panzer War rule system

Thomaso827
E5

Post by Thomaso827 »

Piquet's Point Of Attack: Forgotten Heroes Vietnam module is a 1=1 system, although figures are mounted in stands of 3, 4 stands to a squad plus heavy weapons. I started mounting my GHQ NVA on 20x15mm Litko thin bases and they look very good indeed. Using 20x20mm for the heavy weapons and pennies for command. Their Blitzkrieg module is done the same way, I believe - dont have that one yet, but do have the Barrage module for WW1, and it is done in the same basic rules system. Piquet is one of those systems that you either love or hate.
Tom Oxley, OD Green Old Fart

razor

Post by razor »

Has anyone played the latest version of Schwere Kompanie? I've done v9 for a bunch of games but haven't had time to do v10 yet, or get some Mein Panzer games off the ground for that matter.

BattlerBritain
E5

Post by BattlerBritain »

Came across an interesting web site that might be useful for 1:1 games:
http://www.hypospace.net/armorpen/armorptest1.html

Results seem quite good :)

GHQ
Site Admin

Post by GHQ »

One of the few things that we ask of all forum users is that links to other manufacturers website not be inlcuded in posts. Whether, or not, GHQ makes products that are directly in competition with these manufacturers, or indirectly, we ask that you do not include the links in your posts. We hope that you can see our side on this, and thank you all for using our forum.

Thank you,
GHQ

Mobius
E5

Post by Mobius »

="BattlerBritain" Came across an interesting web site that might be useful for 1:1 games:
http://www.hypospace.net/armorpen/armorptest1.html
Results seem quite good :)
Wierd. At first glance it looks really good. But then I tried to find which allied gun would actually penetrate a Panther's front hull from any range and the answer seems to be 'none'.
All your tanks are belong to us.
Panzer War rule system

8ball
E5

Post by 8ball »

I haven't done much 1:1 gaming. The only two rule sets I know are Mobius' rules, and Mein Panzer. Both of these are a little too detailed and complex for me. That's why I've been leaning more towards FOW. But as jb and others have pointed out, FOW has some wierd quirks that are sometimes tough for me to wrap my head around.

What I'd like to see is a set of rules with the historical accuracy of Mobius' but with the ease and speed of play we see in FOW. Ya know, like "Hey, you got peanut butter on my chocolate!"

Sierra 19

Post by Sierra 19 »

In the FoW post, GHQ stated that they're working on a 1:1 ruleset. I'm curious as to when it'll be released, as they didn't say.