Hello, Guys. Im a newbie to GHQ

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

shinfu78

Hello, Guys. Im a newbie to GHQ

Post by shinfu78 »

Hello,

Alan here, residing in SINGAPORE/ Asia :roll:

In Singapore. I believe nobody play GHQ or collect GHQ stuffs.

]care to give some advice

I have a interest in the the GHQ minatures as I have seen other makes. but still I find the GHQ still the best, :lol:

1)) I Like to buy a lot of the items, esp 1/2400 WW2 ships , however the S/H cost Is way to High Up when the items pile up subsequentely :cry: . Can anyone here care to advice me. Your help will be greatly appreciated to chip in some words.

2)) Like to learn more about the Wargaming in GHQ. But I have minumium knowledge in it.
Please help me by showing some way to go

Tks for reading my thread
ALAN
Im a model freak

Thunder
E5

Post by Thunder »

Welcome,

All I can think of to help out with shipping costs is if you have a friend or family in the USA that you visit or they come visit you, you can have GHQ ship to them and then during a visit , it can be shipped back to Singapore. Also, I bet there is a store in Australia or New Zealand that may be able to ship it for less to your country.

Check out my website and that of others on this forum and you will find a lot of good information.

If you have specific questions, please feel free to ask them.

Mickel
E5

Post by Mickel »

Well... there is no way around the shipping cost. If you order direct you pay it, if you order through a retailer, they pay it, and subsequently you pay it. you just have to bite the bullet on that one. And it's not thaaaaat much.

Do you prefer to play games, or get into levels of detail that require a lot of paperwork and number cruching? For an example of what I'm on about have a look at the FoW thread started by GHQ. What rules would suit depend largely on the answer to that question.

shinfu78

Tks tks tks

Post by shinfu78 »

Thank you so much for the Tips.

MickelAny Good stores to recommend??? Tks :lol:

Guess I have to do some Homework on the wargaming rules. :shock:

Thunder., Tks for showing me you website. Its Awesome!!! well, If only Singapore has something like yours and It will be Super Great!! :P

Thanks to you once again
Im a model freak

Mickel
E5

Post by Mickel »

The only store I use for this is this very website. There was no gaming store to support, so no one else lost out.

If you want to find out about rules go to the naval boards on The Miniature Page and ask the question. It will no doubt start an arguement between the natives about which is the best, but they can be quite helpful to read. :wink:

Azure

Post by Azure »

Welcome to the forum Alan!

You had asked about keeping shipping costs down. What i reccomend is finding out what costs are per pound/kilo for shipping from the US to Singapore, and then find out how many packs you can ship...odds are, its the same price to ship one pack as it is to ship 3, 4 or even 6!
Also, try model railroading shops too! GHQ does make items aimed at the railroad hobby, perhaps those shops order from GHQ already?
As far as a rules set for naval gaming, check out Seekrieg-reading it might help give you an idea of the "mechanics" of gaming. (I would post a link, but im computer illiterate...)
Just do a search for miniature naval rules, youd be surprised what is out there...and available as free downloads!!
Hope this helps a bit
Azure
From model tanks to model railroading back to TINY model tanks...they just keep getting smaller

shinfu78

Hello Azure

Post by shinfu78 »

Hello, Azure

Thanks for the TAP

Actually I've got the SeekKreig 4th edition, have a lot a lot of knowledge to cover. ( Ive got from ebay) any comments on this one as I have very little knowledge on this one. :roll:

As for the Purchase... Let's say if i Buy 50 or more items from GHQ at one GO, will GHQ justify the S/H at a reasonable cost during the transaction, Or It will snow ball the S/H cost, Or there's any other alternative like Surface mail something like that??? Please kindly advice. :oops:
anyone? Or The GHQ marketing department

Regards
ALAN
Im a model freak

DrBig
E5

Post by DrBig »

For rules, here are two good ones to start with. GQ is easy for larger battles, Ben King is nice for smaller battles with some more detail. If Ben King is too wimpy for you, there are others to suggest... :twisted:

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=80011

Azure

Post by Azure »

Shipping for us in the US is 6$ whether we order one pack or 20, so i dont think the shipping price will "snowball" as you put it, it will just depend on the weight of the package-as these minis are rather light, and most shipping companies have a minimum charge, usually equal to one kilo or one or two pounds, id say you wont spend any more to order several packs as to order just one-shipping wise. I send and recieve a lot of mail all over the world (ebay) and shipping to the far east has never really been any more expensive than shipping to, say, canada for me. I dont think the shipping cost will really be that big a deal, you might want to look into it, i think youll be pleasantly surprised.
From model tanks to model railroading back to TINY model tanks...they just keep getting smaller

shinfu78

Okie dookie

Post by shinfu78 »

To all,

Thank you so much for the valuable advices and links you have given to me .

Hmmm... Maybe one day I will make a trip to GhQ myself. Though it a high price to make it there, But I must treat it like going to my nearby Hobby shop mentally. HAHA

ALAN
Im a model freak