HIstoricon 2006

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

chrisswim
E5

HIstoricon 2006

Post by chrisswim »

So who had the opportunity to go to Historicon in Lancaster PA this past weekend? Of course, GHQ was there with their new merchandise. It looks very nice. The Chinese vehicles and sand bags, etc.
Last edited by chrisswim on Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Paul B
E5

Post by Paul B »

I was there. Saw the good people at GHQ. Also saw Pete, and Bill Moreno. Nice figs Pete.
Go for Broke!!
Paul

ACWBill
E5

Historicon

Post by ACWBill »

Had a chance to speak with Pete, saw Paul and had a nice conversation with Greg and Jim sharing our admiration for "ugly duckling" planes like the Skyraider and CR 42. I also picked up some custom buildings from Paul which I commissioned for my Market-Garden campaign. Paul built me the Hartenstien Hotel and the Gas Works. My roomates were also doing the gas works during the con, with far less benefit. :roll:
"I was worse scared than I was at Shiloh" - Sam Watkins
Perryville, KY - October 8, 1862

Thomaso827
E5

Post by Thomaso827 »

I didnt get to go but an old friend did, one who owed me a bit for painting all his FoW, ACW, DBA, and other figures, so he took a list and visited the GHQ folks. Now I await my shipment of goodies from him. I met Dennis in Korea in '76, and introduced him to minis gaming with my WW2 GHQ micro-armor that I had my wife mail to me there. We have played ever since, whenever we were stationed near each other or one could make an excuse to visit the other. Now we are both retired from the Army, and he comes to Dayton every year for Advance The Colors, and I try (not very successfully so far) to go to Historicon or Cold Wars.

Any chance GHQ will make a presence at Advance The Colors if I mention them to the board at HMGS-Great Lakes?
Tom Oxley, OD Green Old Fart

ww2navyguy
E5

Post by ww2navyguy »

I went to Historicon this year and had an opportunity to play the new GHQ rules for 1:2400 scale naval. The rules were very good! :D

Russ Jensen and Vic Graulau ran all of the games and did an outstanding job! I played the Friday evening game, Mers-el-Kebir, July 1940. The battle was a naval engagement between the French navy at Mers-el-Kebir and the British Force H.

We had a great time and I am really looking forward to picking up the rules as soon as they are released. Unfortunatley, it sounded like the rules may not be ready until next year. :cry: One of the great features of the game was that all of the tables needed to play the game were on one page (front and back)! :shock: That was awesome! No calculators or volumes of tables needed to play this game. The game was not simplistic at all.

Even though Vic and Russ mentioned the name of this soon-to-be released game, I wasn't sure if I should mention it in this post. So, I will hold off on mentioning the name of the game and let GHQ do the honors.

I have some photos from the GHQ naval games and from the GHQ booth in the dealers areas that I will post soon.

Thanks to Russ, Vic and GHQ for sponsoring a great game!

As an HMGS-South member...any chance GHQ would want to come down to Orlando for our Hurricon 2006 convention in late September? Could be a good opportunity to introduce the game to our members who couldn't make it up to Lancaster.

Thanks!

Scott

Sierra 19

Post by Sierra 19 »

I went to Historicon, but sadly missed/overlooked the GHQ booth. I literally just ordered the ruleset and a command box last night from the site, and I was consumed with finding some FoW goodies for my Desert Rats Motor company. I plan to go to Fall In! in Gettysburg in November, so hopefully the GHQ crew will be there, so I can check out some of the goodies I'll need for my Germans and whomever I get to pit them against. P.S. GHQ crew-Can you folks put together a 1941 Russian command set to go with the 1941 German Panzer Kampfgruppe command set? PLEEEAASE :D ?

ww2navyguy
E5

Post by ww2navyguy »

Thought I'd share some pictures I took at Historicon 2006 of the GHQ dealer display, which had some nicely painted 1:2400 Micro Nauts.

Very nice job Jim M. on the painting and really enjoyed meeting you!

Sorry for the blurry photos.

Scott

ww2navyguy
E5

Post by ww2navyguy »

Here are some photos I took of the French Navy in GHQ's WWII Naval Game at Historicon.

The scenario was of Mers-el-Kebir, July 1940. In the scenario, the twist was that the French Navy actually left port to take on the British Force H.

Sorry, I do not have any photos of the British Force H from this game. The French players were too busy dodging Swordfish from carrier Ark Royal.

We really enjoyed the game! Thanks GHQ for sponsoring the game! :D

Scott