Kampfgruppe for GHQ-WW2 ruleset

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

dougeagle
E5

Kampfgruppe for GHQ-WW2 ruleset

Post by dougeagle »

I have now got a few mini's for early war Europe and was wondering on how to put together a KG using GHQ-WW2 rules.
Can anybody help me with this?

Thanks,
Doug

A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at.
Bruce Lee

Sierra 19

Post by Sierra 19 »

Isn't there a TO&E in the Rulebook? You could use the 1941 Panzer Kampfgruupe command set as a starting point, and just swap a few units around too.

dougeagle
E5

Post by dougeagle »

Sierra 19 wrote:Isn't there a TO&E in the Rulebook? You could use the 1941 Panzer Kampfgruupe command set as a starting point, and just swap a few units around too.
The TO&E doesn't tell you how too create a KG. It only has the listings for companies then tells you how many companies you need to make up a battalion. But, I guess the '41 Panzer KG Command set is a good place to start.

Thanks
Doug

A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at.
Bruce Lee

Sierra 19

Post by Sierra 19 »

Well, by it's very nature, a kampfgruppe is an ad-hoc unit. The Germans were famous for this in WWII. They would throw together a unit with whomever and whatever men and equipment were on hand, put a senior officer in charge, and voila! instant kampfgruppe. There are no hard and fast rules, however the kampfgruppe would try to tailor itself to the current mission (if possible), whether it be breakout, defend, attack, ect... Mixed armor is usually a good starting point, and just go from there. Try and do some web research too on historical units to get a good idea of their composition.