Airbrushes?

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

Pitfall
E5

Post by Pitfall »

Hrmm... that poses an interesting alternative.
I wish I had something witty to say...

Cav Dog
E5

Post by Cav Dog »

I love this forum! As a homebrewer, I have CO2 bottles for my kegs, but I never dreamed of using them for my airbrush. And here I was ready to shell out a $100+ for a compressor.

Thanks guys!
Tactics are the opinion of the senior officer present.

jb
E5

Post by jb »

...going through the process of getting my house ready to sell,I went through some boxes that were sent to me with scores of micro armour to get done. I decided it was time to replace my worn out airbrush(Paasche). I wore this airbrush out years ago(7years?),and I do mean I wore it out. The nozzle actually wore through. Years ago it was expensive and hard to replace so I just let it forego. So off to the Last Square I went. Upon some good advice from the owner I purchased an Aztek. What a wonderful machine. Interchangeable nozzles that change as quick as changing mags in a 16. The smallest tip is .3 of a mm.
Now the work this thing does is absolute. Single and double stage button by adjusting a rolling type switch.
I would like to also let you know that it is plastic,but don't let that fool you. I had a little time to spray a vehicle that turned out better than the hand painted job,and faster.
Needless to say I was absolutely pleased and would like to pass on this info to anybody else that is interested in getting an airbrush...
John

mlcolbert

Post by mlcolbert »

yeah, an Aztek is what I use, although not by thinking about 1/285 minis. I bought the Aztek for monuments I make at larger scales and for a while there, 1/35th models as well.

At the moment (once I get rid of the 30 odd projects happening for the company) then I am going to work on the minis and the micronauts.

m

Extra Crispy
E5

Post by Extra Crispy »

JB:

What model Aztek did you buy?>
Mark Severin
Owner, Scale Creep Miniatures
Author DeepFriedHappyMice.com

jb
E5

Post by jb »

Extra Crispy wrote:JB:

What model Aztek did you buy?>
sorry Mark,I just saw this post :oops: . The airbrush I have is a 470...
Thomas what is a CR and BCR ?
John