M36 B1 antennae and MG

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

Luca
E5

M36 B1 antennae and MG

Post by Luca »

Hi all!

I bought some M36 B1 that were on sale some weeks ago. First question: were's the place to drill the hole for the radio antennae?
Second question, more important: where can I find some spare .50mm cal MG to mount on the M36 turret? I saw there's a little hole that need to be filled with a heavy MG. Does GHQ sells spare MG, or should I ask to somebody else?

Thank You! L.

jb
E5

Post by jb »

...on the M10 there is a cut out on the starboard hull front side (right hand side of the radio/hullmg operator). On the M36 with the same hull you have the same location. If it is the straight Sherman hull,I don't know,but I am still looking. When I find out I will post unless mk1 beats me to it...
As for the .50s you need to hang on to all the extras you get. I do beleive the GHQ wiz will get you some...
John

fullmetaljacket
E5

Post by fullmetaljacket »

The .50 cal on the M36 was mounted in the rear part of the turret. just past the open crew compartment. Also a little side note late in the war crews started mounting armor plating over the open top. something about grenades and flame thorwers casuing great stress on their operations of the tank plus bouncing rifle fire and automatic fire wasnt any fun either in a open top vehicle.

FMJ

Gort
E5

Post by Gort »

Luca

From what I have found in various photos the antenna mount on the M36B1 was on the right hull front, just behind and a little outside of the headlight mount.

The .50 MG's are available from the US53 Seated Armored Infantry package. GHQ sells them for $1.75 per sprue. Just ask for a sprue of .50 MG's for mounting on tank turrets.

regards

Steve

Luca
E5

Post by Luca »

Thank you all!

So I will just put the antenna and wait to paint the model untill the sprues with MG will be ordered. Thank you again, Your kind as always.

1ComOpsCtr
E5

Post by 1ComOpsCtr »

Luca,

Another option for wip antennas. Find someone with long eye lashes...
Every third day ask that person to gently remove a couple of them with their fingers.
Place them in a small white box so you can see them when you need them.
You don't have to drill a hole. they are tapered, and remain flexible forever.

Will
ComOpsCtr
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster." - Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche, 1844-1900