Micronaut Only Thread

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

regia-marina
E5

Re: Micronaut Only Thread

Post by regia-marina »

BurtWolf wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:56 pm
Are used Micronauts easy to rehab? That is if I came across them already painted and wanted to strip them, would it be too harsh to use my typical method of a toothbrush after a soak with simple green? Some parts look very fragile and I’m wondering whether I should avoid used pieces as a general rule of thumb? Thanks.
This is exactly how I strip my ships. I have never had a problem. I am just very careful with gun barrels and other fragile parts. I have rehabbed a lot of Micronauts.

regia-marina
E5

Post by regia-marina »

Submariner wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:49 pm
Guys, I've been out of painting my ships for a while, long enough for my Poly Scale paints have turned to stone. Can I get some advice on who's paints you guys are using? Brush and Air-Brush. Any advice would be appreciated.! -Submariner
Welcome back to the hobby! I use Vallejo and Lifecolor acrylic paints. Lifecolor has nice boxed sets for the various WW2 navies, armies, and air forces. I have used their paints for my Italian and German ships. I also use Lifecolor for my Italian army and air force minis.

Patton_of_the_Sea

Rules Question

Post by Patton_of_the_Sea »

Many of the stat blocks for float planes have a number on paranthese. I can't find what this means. My guess is that is the stats for single recon planes, but I'm not sure. If they are not what do they mean, and where are the stats for single recon planes. Thanks

Hayden

Post by Hayden »

I never really thought I would be drawn to Micronauts, and yet...

Working on the Tegetthoff Class Dreadnaughts of Austria-Hungary's KuK Kriegsmarine and the Königsberg Class Lights Cruisers of the Kaiserliche Marine. I have a few other irons in the fire from this period, but these are the most presentable in the heat of the moment. More to come, for sure.
Sincerely,
Mr. Hayden