Micronaut Only Thread

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

SeaHarrier2006

Post by SeaHarrier2006 »

Hey Chris,

Credit where credit's due, you are exceptional when it comes to painting camo on the WW2 ships.

As for the Plastruct water, I came across it in a local modeling shopwhen I started painting 1:1200 scale Napolionic sailing ships, and thought why not try it for the more modern ships and it seems to work pretty well. I thought about trying something like Milliput to make the waves before I found the water, but I like to make things easier which is why I use the Styrene water.

I know you can buy the sheets of water from Plastruct over the net, so it might be worth visiting their site and trying a piece as a test bed for one of your smaller ships. Who knows, it might just cut down on the time used for making bases.

Anyway back to the painting, so keep up the good work and look forward to seeing some more pictures soon,

Mark.
England expects every man will do his duty.

Admiral Horatio Nelson, at the Battle of Trafalger October 21st 1805.

av8rmongo
E5

USCG Flight Deck Markings pictures

Post by av8rmongo »

Does anyone have pictures of the flight deck markings for USCG Cutters? I'm trying to finish up a handful that I've been working on (off and on for about a month) and I just need the helo pad markings. Thanks in advance.

Paul
“It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.â€￾
― George Orwell, 1984

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
- George Orwell

http://av8rmongo.wordpress.com

av8rmongo
E5

Radom ship classes

Post by av8rmongo »

Another "Does anyone know" question:

Does anyone know any 1/2400 scale models for the following ship/ship classes?

HMS Fearless - Falklands War
US PF-103 class
SPS Principe de Asturias
Thanks again

Paul
― George Orwell, 1984

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
- George Orwell

av8rmongo
E5

Post by av8rmongo »

I just picked up the JMSDF Osumi by Seabattle miniatures. At $16.50 I thought it was a little pricey but now that I have it in my hands I think its worth it given that no one else makes it. Now if I can just Vis-Mod some GHQ 1/2400 scale CH-46s to look like JMSDF CH-47s I'll have a great addition to the fleet. I just wish that my favorite company (hint, hint) would do more in their 1/2400 scale moderns so I don't have to buy from a guy in Austria.

Pictures to come once its painted.

Paul
― George Orwell, 1984

- George Orwell

pmaidhof
E5

Post by pmaidhof »

I just wish that my favorite company (hint, hint) would do more in their 1/2400 scale moderns
To more 1/2400 scale moderns: Here Here.
S/F
Pete

av8rmongo
E5

Post by av8rmongo »

Does anyone know of a good US source for Skytrex (DAVCO 1/3000) ships? (PM me please if you do). They make a RN Type 21 Frigate which when considering the scale difference looks like it will be a near perfect size for the Iranian Vosper MkV corvette. Ordering direct from the UK make shipping around $9 for a $4 purchase - not something I want to do.

Paul

Von Ted - scroll up and you'll see SeaHarrier's base description.

Paul
― George Orwell, 1984

- George Orwell

pmaidhof
E5

Post by pmaidhof »

I'm doing my first base. Approximately how long does it take the Woodland Scenics Flex Base to dry sufficiently to begin painting it ocean blue?
S/F
Pete

pmaidhof
E5

Post by pmaidhof »

I'd say 2-2.5 hours. Here is my first 1/2400 GHQ Micronaut, USS Bunker Hill Ticonderoga Class CG. Please be gentle.

S/F
Pete

av8rmongo
E5

Post by av8rmongo »

Pete,

Here's a picture of my unfinished Kirov in the Poly-S "USSR Light Topside Gray" color I talked to you about.

Paul
― George Orwell, 1984

- George Orwell

av8rmongo
E5

Post by av8rmongo »

For some more micronaut fun here are some USCG Cutters I recently painted - still looking for deck markings though. I'll have to play with the camera settings because the white really plays havoc with the balance and tends to wash out the details liek the decals.

Enjoy!
― George Orwell, 1984

- George Orwell

cbovill
E5

Post by cbovill »

The Coast Guard vs. drug runners - now that would be an interesting scenario!

Nice job on the ships too!

Chris

pmaidhof
E5

Post by pmaidhof »

Sovremennyy DDG

Arleigh Burke DDG
S/F
Pete